Wish IDE wish - move Bridge to its own menu

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think lots of people use B4A Bridge - it's a very handy way to test on multiple devices.

However, when I'm doing that (across 4 or 5 devices), I keep wishing that I didn't have to go to the menu and click Tools > B4A Bridge > Connect Wireless, then pick the device's IP from that third-level submenu.

I also noticed that I don't use any of the other Tools menu items nearly as much as the bridge.

My suggestion - promote B4A Bridge to its own menu so it's a bit easier to get at those device IPs. In fact, you could probably flatten the Bridge menu to a single level and really speed things up.

Hope this helps!

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Agreed. The menus (and tool buttons) do need an overhaul. There are several buttons that I would wager are never used, and several missing that would be very much appreciated.

Likewise, the Designer menu item is plain wrong. Stuff should never happen on the first level menu, it should just open a sub menu, from which things may happen. Just browsing the menus by clicking on the first level (the File, Edit et cetera level) should not make windows pop up.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also it would be nice to be able to rename an ip... like 192.168.1.128 to Mom's phone and to show wich device is connected in the Brigde status bar of the IDE