iOS Question iExternalAccessory - Is it still available?

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alberto

I just tried again. The website is working but I was unable to download the library with an error message from the server

"
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Upvote 0

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Alberto,

I downloaded and installed the lib and tried to run the EASample App but the EA GetAccessories method returns (in the log):

B4X:
[EAGetAccessories]:countAccessories:0
[EAGetAccessories]:jsonStr:{"Accessories":[],"Count":"0"}

The accessory is showing and connected in the iPad parameters.

Do you have any idea why the external accessory is not dedected by the library?

Upvote 0

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right Alberto, it is not explicitely written on their product webpage.

They provide a SDK, an information with their External Accessory protocol to be used when you need to have your app approved for AppStore.
There SDK uses the External Accessories framework but I'm not skilled enough to write a B4i wrapper from there Objective C source code

I hope to be able to use this accessory with your library.

Do you know if there is a way to check if a device is MFI certified?

Upvote 0

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is explicitely written on the operating instructions manual and the package "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad"

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this device use bluetooth (yes MFi compatible to connect with iPhone bluetooth classic) but don't use the external accessory protocol.

I have two devices bluetooth: One Joystick Bluetooth (MFi) , this is NOT external accessory compatible and a toy SPHERO Bluetooth (MFi) and this one is compatible External accessory.

Upvote 0

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok Alberto,
I believe I have to check this with the ETI company first.

The strange thing is that they use ExternalAccessory framework

B4X:
#import <ExternalAccessory/ExternalAccessory.h>

I will let you know by mail how things are going

Thanks for all the information

Upvote 0