iOS Question I'm a little depressed...

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am surely a little depressed by the B4i software.

I was hoping / expecting a cross platform package but instead just got a iOS development system in basic.

Having to pay Apple $99 a year to just write software for my own devices is really the pits (I've seen other packages that someone get by this - not sure how)

To me it seems that the time spend doing B4i would have been better spent making a true cross platform system

I guess I will have to look elsewhere for this because I am sure by time it happens here it will be at least another year or so.

:(

Just how I feel guys - otherwise if I was looking for just a iOS development system then this would be fine.

BobVal

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Having to pay Apple $99 a year to just write software for my own devices is really the pits
It is not possible to install iOS apps on a real device without registering with Apple. There is no way around it unless you build a web app and run it from the browser (or use a jail broken device).

To me it seems that the time spend doing B4i would have been better spent making a true cross platform system
B4A and B4i both create native apps. The two underlying platforms are similar in some aspects and very different in other aspects.

The only way to create a "true cross platform app" from a single code base is by creating a web app that runs in the browser or in an embedded browser. This approach has advantages and disadvantages. This is not our approach. B4i creates native apps.

I'm pretty sure that you will not find any other tool that:
1. Creates native applications.
2. Allows you to reuse more code between the Android app and the iOS app.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also little depressed but not because of b4i. It is very normal to change maybe %20 of the code we have written in b4a. You must think that now it is at least possible to create apps for ios.We were too late for ios development but with your help Erel, We will be able to do it. Thank you again for this great tool.
( the reason I am depressed is i cant find enough time to code for both b4a and b4i. sometimes i think of quiting my job and giving all my effort to coding but nobody can be sure what to get from it )

It is not possible to install iOS apps on a real device without registering with Apple. There is no way around it unless you build a web app and run it from the browser (or use a jail broken device).

B4A and B4i both create native apps. The two underlying platforms are similar in some aspects and very different in other aspects.

The only way to create a "true cross platform app" from a single code base is by creating a web app that runs in the browser or in an embedded browser. This approach has advantages and disadvantages. This is not our approach. B4i creates native apps.

I'm pretty sure that you will not find any other tool that:
1. Creates native applications.
2. Allows you to reuse more code between the Android app and the iOS app.

Upvote 0