IMEI Protection

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Conversion done :sign0060:

Pretty easy to use.
Put all 3 files in the same directory.

All respects to the author of TapiLib.dll
Consider my .dll freeware, just ignore the bit's that don't do anything ;-)

Works fine on my O2 XDA Orbit WM5
I've not tried it compiled yet.

Last edited:

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are great, taximania!
I'm sure many users will appreciate your work! (me included)

I've just edited my post, and seen your reply.
And I forgot to include the zip file.

Friday night is never the right time to get technical :sign0161:

Here are the files ...

Attachments

• PhoneID.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 186

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problems with optimized compilation

Hello Taxmania!

Your dll is a very nice thread and I use it to protect my application with the IMEI. But, when I try to compile the application for the device (.Net Compact Framework 2.0, optimized) it will take an error in the line phoneID.setstrings. Where is the mistake?

Thanks for answer...

Elrick

Licensed User
Hi maXim and taximania! Thanks for this library - this is what i'm looking for! But I have some doubts - will this method work on all devices with all WinMobile versions?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks to Agraham's help, in a few days I'll be able to post my aproach to software protection, using the MAC Address as a crypto key....
IMEi will only work on Phone enabled devices, but is my belief that all devices running WM, being them SmartPhones, PDA or whatever, will have at least one network adaptor....

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
setstrings is an input only method (you can see that only 'I' appears in the description).
I'm not sure what it's supposed to do but you can try to change the line to:
phoneID.setstrings = ""

Which indead does work :confused:

The readonly property of 'SetStrings' in PhoneID.dll actually sets the strings returned from the other properties. If it isn't called, there's nothing returned from the other properties.

I sort of got it working by accident ;)

I've just had a look my .dll code, altered something by mistake, and now it won't compile :signOops:

Oh well :)

Elrick

Licensed User
Hello! It seems what this method don't work on my Glofiish M700 (WM 6, .net cf 2)... When i'm trying to run compiled (Force VGA mode) program (both maXim's and taximania's), it always raises an attached error. I didn't change anything in the code. Maybe my device just unusual? :)

Attachments

• 2008-05-31-13-57-52-67.jpg
    2008-05-31-13-57-52-67.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 53

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Elrick,

test with this new distribution:

Attachments

• db2000 GetInfoDevice.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Elrick

Licensed User
Hello maXim. Thank you for you new distribution, it work when i compile it with "non-optimized" option. But i can't compile it in "force VGA" mode, i get an attached error message...

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Elrick,

:signOops:...
... download the file again from my previous post...:sign0013:

Elrick

Licensed User
Hello again, maXim!
I'm afraid what the code from your previous post still raises an error from my previous post :sign0148: What is it? Is this code compiles for all, except me?:sign0085:

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Elrick,

no, is not Your problem! I still much to learn...:(
Excuse me to have taken advantage of Your time, however I'm still working to understand...

(I apologize for my bad English)

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello again, What is it? Is this code compiles for all, except me?:sign0085:
No it doesn't optimise compile because the C# compiler doesn't like this line of code produced by the B4ppc compiler.

db2000_GetInfoDevice.GetDevice+GeneralInfo _generalinfo = null;

GeneralInfo is a Struct declared private but B4ppc sees it anyway and treats it as an object. I don't really understand why the C# compiler doesn't like it, probably because as GeneralInfo is declared private it is honouring that declaration which makes it unavailable to the main program.

One solution would be to rename it to _GeneralInfo, which the B4ppc compiler will ignore due to the leading underscore, and access it through a public property which the B4ppc compiler treats correctly. It might also work if declared public.