In the need of an Android Tablet with HDMI output

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
All,
I need to show the content of an Android tablet to a larger screen with HDMI input.

Actually I have an Android with micro usb C, but even using the right adapter and cable, the screen mirroring does not work. It maybe depends on the model (samsung galaxy tab S3).

In order to avoid hybrid solutions and lags (chromecast and related apps), I've decided to go for a new tablet with HDMI output, so to definately avoid any lag.

The question: could you please suggest me a good and yet cheap model ? I don't need stellar performance, nor I need support for 4K and such. I need a reliable android tablet, where I can flawlessy run a B4A app and show it on a big hdmi screen.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would try still actually try a Miracast dongle before you dismiss it as a solution. I have a Microsoft Display Adapter that is USB powered and normally plugged into an HDMI input of my television. To check I've just plugged it in to the HDMI input of a spare Dell U2312HM monitor I have lying around, powered it from a USB battery pack charger and after a couple of tries it connected fine. Your HDMI monitor might even have a USB port that you could use to power it. I haven't noticed any significant lag using it but then I don't play games or use any graphically intensive apps. However I believe performance does vary between adapters, cheaper may well be laggier. The built in Miracast adapter of my Sony TV is appallingly laggy but the Microsoft dongle seems fine.

Most recent-ish devices should support this though oddly device manufacturers refer to Miracast/Chromecast with their own peculiar names. On my Samsung phone it is called Smart View and on my Huawei tablets it is called MirrorShare. In both cases they are located in the pull down menu thingy whose official name I can't recall!

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All,
I need to show the content of an Android tablet to a larger screen with HDMI input.

Actually I have an Android with micro usb C, but even using the right adapter and cable, the screen mirroring does not work. It maybe depends on the model (samsung galaxy tab S3).

In order to avoid hybrid solutions and lags (chromecast and related apps), I've decided to go for a new tablet with HDMI output, so to definately avoid any lag.

The question: could you please suggest me a good and yet cheap model ? I don't need stellar performance, nor I need support for 4K and such. I need a reliable android tablet, where I can flawlessy run a B4A app and show it on a big hdmi screen.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio
I had a lot of problems mirroring with samsung products.
But it worked great with Asus, Huawey and Mediacom.

So by taking a tablet of these you can also use themiracast. It is generally specified in the descriptions that works with Mirroring. (Not to be confused with DLNA) If it is not clearly stated, then do not buy.

Another thing to consider is the device for mirroring, I use a digicom. Some devices are not fully compatible with all Android models.

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your wise suggestions, however, the time at my disposal does not allow me to try or experiment with Miracast/Chromecast dongles.
I need a solution in a short time, and this could only - right now - be a new tablet.

I've seen this model, which should fit the needs as it has a (mini) HDMI output:
https://www.amazon.de/Dragon-Touch-...=8-1-spons&keywords=tablet+android+hdmi&psc=1

Your comment/experiences on it or other models are more than wellcome before I pull the trigger..

Regards,
Sergio

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Shield Tablet K1 imho the best one out there.
Around here they usually go for 120/150 (2nd hand)
It has a mini-hdmi connection and works flawless

Last edited: