iOS Question InputBox class

Misterbates

Licensed User
I love the simplicity of the InputBox class from @Filippo (developed with input from @Erel) https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/class-with-input-dialog.77580/#content

Unfortunately, I've encountered a couple of issues when using the class on iOS 8+ and wondered if there were any solutions proposed for these ...

The Objective-C code uses UIAlertView which is deprecated from iOS 8+ in favour of UIAlertController. Would it be possible to have the Objective-C updated to use UIAlertController if running under iOS 8+, falling back to UIAlertView if earlier than iOS 8?

I get an error about a KeyPlane not being available when using anything apart from 0 as the input type. Any idea what the fix might be to avoid the error I'm assuming it would need to be a fix to the Objective-C.

I've used the class by declaring it as an instance in a sub. I'm getting "class released" reports in the log and am as a result unable to retrieve the value I put into the .Tag property of the class. I think this fix for this is to declare the instance as a private global - is this correct?

Thanks!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I get an error about a KeyPlane not being available when using anything apart from 0 as the input type. Any idea what the fix might be to avoid the error I'm assuming it would need to be a fix to the Objective-C.
This is only a warning, right? If so then ignore it.

I plan to wrap UIAlertController. It will be available soon.

I think this fix for this is to declare the instance as a private global - is this correct?
Yes.

Upvote 0