Android Question Insert GIF from KeyBoard

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

many keyboards have a collection of animated gifs those can be inserted in MMS messages within default messages phone app. I noticed that the default app can detect Gif's and insert together with text in a multimedia object on screen. How can I do the same in B4A? I tried to insert a GIF in a textbox from soft keyboard and received the toastmessage that the field is not compatible with gif. Is there any object that could contain images and texts together?

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't found any related documentation about it.
Hi Erel. Thanks for fast answering as always. I did some tests and noticed that they really don't use any "mixed object" that accepts texts and images. When clicking over a gif on the keyboard, it's showed a box with probably two elements (a subtitle and the image), with the option for the user to type the text. But I could notice also that there is a very interesting process in the sequence : besides the cursor is over a text box when the user clicks the gif on the keyboard, the device someway detects the "gif click" and, instead of showing the "incompatible object message", automatically creates the imagebox and subtitle text space. So, the question: is there any way to do this? To intercept the GIF object click on the keyboard before getting the text box incompatible message?

Last edited:
Upvote 0