Android Question [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] in Emulator

Randy Younger

Licensed User
In the new AVD manager, is there any way to increase the storage for the emulator device? I hate having to uninstall my app each time. I don't think there is enough room for both my app and the .apk file, so that updates can't occur with the limited storage the emulator devices have. Yes, I have a fairly large app, and yes I can reinstall if I delete and make a new device. I can also install if I uninstall my app, but there are settings within my app that have to be entered by the user each time the app is installed, and it ends up creating a bunch of redundant accounts on my server. I think I remember that we used to be able to allocate the device memory in the past. Or, is my memory limited as well as the emulator's?

Randy Younger

Licensed User
Great, where can I find the source code?
(Also, thank you for everything. I have long been a proponent of B4A over other dev platforms. I have been able to replicate all (except one) of my native iOS apps in B4A. If there was a wrapper for the SuperPowered real-time audio engine it would be 100% of them. I hope this platform never goes away!)

Upvote 0

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am having the same problem, what do we need to do exactly?
I tried installing the android studio which allowed me to create devices to suit my needs but then B4A will no longer run so I had to uninstall everything and start all over again!

Upvote 0