Android Question Invalid resource directory name

shauny6983

New Member
Licensed User
Hello, I have a big project which worked perfectly fine on version 7.x of B4A, I've now upgraded to 8.3 and now when I run the project i get:

B4X:
B4A Version: 8.30
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.05s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.00s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
Generating R file.    Error
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\Shaun\Work VB Apps\MemSec7\Apps\AllStarsA\Objects\bin\extra\res4\res/values-b+sr+Latn
I have tried using different android.jar files from SDK version 26,27 and 28.

I have even created a brand new project, just with GoogleMaps (as I use GoogleMaps and Firebase in the big project and I'm sure it's to do with this), following the tutorial all over again, and still get the same error. The Main Activity code is just the default other than the "#AdditionalJar: com.google.android.gms: play-services-maps" line. Here is the manifest in the new project:

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: https://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14" android:targetSdkVersion="26"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true" 
    android:normalScreens="true" 
    android:smallScreens="true" 
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
'End of default text.

'************ Google Play Services Base ************
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
'************ Google Play Services Base (end) ************

AddApplicationText(
<meta-data
  android:name="com.google.android.geo.API_KEY"
  android:value="AIzaSyA80wkXzM05Wn55Mm6iZwwh74XXXXXXXXX "/>
)
I have found on another post about downloading the new SDK and to download sdk-tools-windows-xxxxxxx.zip, which I did, extracted it, but didn't really know what to do with it.
 

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User

shauny6983

New Member
Licensed User
Ahh ok, so the missing piece of my puzzle was to point the sdkmanager.bat field in the B4A Sdk Manager to the one in the newly downloaded folder. Once that downloaded and installed a whole load of stuff, I just had to set the correct path in Configure Paths for the android.jar in the newly created folder, and it now works. Thank you for your help :)
 
Top