Android Question iolation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Dev Distribution...

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

like some many other developer in these days i received a notification from google:

------------
Hi developers at ---------,

After review, NAME APP, com.xx.xxx, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement
----------------

I thougt i have forgotten privacy policy so i resubmit my app with a screen to accepr/decline policy in my app and a Menu item called "Privacy Policy" to show that screen to users.
I resubmit my app and receive another reject

----------------------

Issue: Violation of Deceptive Ads policy
We don’t allow apps that contain deceptive or disruptive ads.
For example, we don’t allow:

• Ads that aren’t clearly labeled (screenshot included)
  • Ads that impersonate the user interface of the phone’s operating system (screenshot included)
  • Ads that impersonate the user interface of another app (screenshot included)
  • Ads that impersonate a notification or warning (screenshot included)

---------------------

my app has a banner on footer and interstitial ads

No screenshot was included into mail.
Any other had this issue?

The other issue i was thinking about is Android Advertising ID: do i have to edit manifest in order to not collect Android Advertising ID? (i have firebase admob library and i think it collect data

Edit: got another notification from google play, submit a privacy policy for another app and got rejected for this reason

Issue: Violation of Inappropriate Ads policy
The ads shown within your app must be appropriate for the intended audience of your app, even if the content by itself is otherwise compliant with our policies. For example, ads that show mature content or services cannot be served in apps that have a content rating for younger audiences

• If you use AdMob, please refer to the AdMob Help Center for more details on ad content filtering
IN THIS CASE WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO INTO ADMOB PANEL? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Thanks in advance
Gabriele

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can block all sensitive ad categories:

SS-2018-09-20_11.54.24.png

Upvote 0

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Erel , for the first issue do i have do disable advertising id collection from firebase in manifest file?

According to the Firebase docs you can disable advertising id collection by setting

<meta-data android:name="google_analytics_adid_collection_enabled" android:value="false" />

in your AndroidManifest.xml under the <Application> tag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got same email for my customers app. I have tell him just to add link to Privacy Policy for the app. App is resubmitted (without recompiling) and app is approved on store.

EDIT:
I think that all app with AdMob need to have Privacy Policy to avoid removal from store.
From 1st October (10 days from now) also (all) app on Apple Store need to have Privacy Policy.

Upvote 0

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got same email for my customers app. I have tell him just to add link to Privacy Policy for the app. App is resubmitted (without recompiling) and app is approved on store.

EDIT:
I think that all app with AdMob need to have Privacy Policy to avoid removal from store.
From 1st October (10 days from now) also (all) app on Apple Store need to have Privacy Policy.
Thanks @Pendrush Only in store? Not also inside the app?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well for EEA users Privacy link also need to be in app. I'm using AdMob Consent to show dialog with privacy policy in that dialog. Also Privacy link is visible in app menu.

Upvote 0

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all
today some of my apps got the following message and they have been removed can you please give me a ste by step gude what i must do?
please i am stressed with this

Hi developers at ....,

After review, ................, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app.

Next steps: Submit your app for another review

1. Read through the Usage of Android Advertising ID and User Data policies, as well as the Developer Distribution Agreement, and make appropriate changes to your app. If you decide to collect sensitive user information, be sure to abide by the above policies, and include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app.
  2. Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
  3. Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.

If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact.

If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this removal may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Regards,

Upvote 0

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
FYI @jchal and @Erel , my app was finally live again on store:

i have done:

- put a privacy policy link in menu, it shows a privacy policy panel
- show a splashscreen with privacy policy, if accepted it is no showing again
- put the link to app privacy policy in playstore form, in privacy policy i have linked also admob privacy policy. Also permission of my app was written int Privacy Policy
- add <meta-data android:name="google_analytics_adid_collection_enabled" android:value="false" /> into manifest
- in Admob Dashboard i have blocked sensitive categories (all in Erel screnshot two post above)

Upvote 0

ermales

Licensed User
FYI @jchal and @Erel , my app was finally live again on store:

i have done:

- put a privacy policy link in menu, it shows a privacy policy panel
- show a splashscreen with privacy policy, if accepted it is no showing again
- put the link to app privacy policy in playstore form, in privacy policy i have linked also admob privacy policy. Also permission of my app was written int Privacy Policy
- add <meta-data android:name="google_analytics_adid_collection_enabled" android:value="false" /> into manifest
- in Admob Dashboard i have blocked sensitive categories (all in Erel screnshot two post above)

I have the same problem someone can help me. I did all the steps that were shown here in the forum, at 11:00 pm. It was morning (local time 10:00 am) and follow my application with the message deleted. How long time they take?

Sorry for the English use of the translator

Upvote 0

Arnaud

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem only with 1 App.

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app.

But I don't know why... I have lot's of app but only one have this message!! It use notification with firebase, maybe is it the reason? I am trying to contact Google support without success for the moment...

I don't understand, what is "Android advertising ID" ?

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
Submit your app and subit an appeal in wich you ask them screenshot of the problem you have to solve , they'll answer in 4 days

Upvote 0

Arnaud

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just put privacy policy with the link on the play store, and it was accepted, App is come back on Google play.

Thanks @jchal

Upvote 0

holdemadvantage

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just put privacy policy with the link on the play store, and it was accepted, App is come back on Google play.

Thanks @jchal
In most case this is enough

Upvote 0

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
that is why we are here, in this forum i got a lot of help at start, so now it is my time to give help to others when i can!!!!

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last 2 days, my other app has been removed by Google. This is second app being removed. I thought the app contains no Admob so it won't be removed but I was wrong. So anyone want to generate privacy policy and upload to their website, I recommend to use this Privacy Policy Generator: https://app-privacy-policy-generator.firebaseapp.com/
You probably should have started a new thread for this, but it won't be the advertising ID that's the issue (even though the removal email incorrectly states that it is). Any app that uses sensitive permissions must have a privacy policy. I had one removed today for the advertising ID issue (the app doesn't have ads) & it turned out that the real reason was that it uses the CALL_PHONE permission.

- Colin.

Upvote 0