Bug? iOS 14, Changing text in label inside scrollview. Old text remain painted in the background

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, i'll try to describe an issue i'm facing.
In this application there is a scrollview which contains panels. One of these panels contains labels and the text of these label can change.
I'm testing the app in two iphones, one is running iOS 12 and the other iOS 14. The one with iOS 14, in release mode, is showing a strange issue, When i change the content of the labels the original content remains and the new text is painted of the old one. This does not happen in debug mode.

so if the original content is "aaa" and i perform lbl.text = "bbb" you will see "aaa" with "bbb" written over it. if i then perform lbl.text = "ccc" you will see "aaa" with "ccc" written over it, as if there was some sort of persistent background.

This is what it looks like:
1607954097287.png

I tried to clear the scrollview, its panel and the label's parent panel background with pnl.color = colors.transparent after every change but it didn't make any effect.
I want to reiterate, it doesn't happen in debug mode, but only in release mode

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm also 99.9% sure it's a bug somewhere in my code, i will try to replicate. But why would it show only in release, and only in iOS 14?

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
in any case, i found the issue. It was a bug in my code, of course. The whole thing is set up in a Page_Resize event and i forgot it will definetly be called multiple times.
I didn't clear the scroll view content because it will happen only once so the scroll view is empty, right? Wrong.