iOS Question IOS Developer Account?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

Am really sorry if am sounding too stupid here,i have purchased the 145$ package but i found out that to get the host builder to work i have to have an apple developer account which costs another (99$) so i have created a virtual machine for the local mac builder, Catalina Mac OS.
installed the JAVA Jdk8 + the xcode 11

but while am reading the tutorial i also found out that i have to create an apple developer account even if am using local mac builder.

my question is :
is there any way to bypass paying 99$ because it's a local mac builder and not hosted builder?
is there any way to create an apple developer account for FREE ?

Thank you :)

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

Am really sorry if am sounding too stupid here,i have purchased the 145$ package but i found out that to get the host builder to work i have to have an apple developer account which costs another (99$) so i have created a virtual machine for the local mac builder, Catalina Mac OS.
installed the JAVA Jdk8 + the xcode 11

but while am reading the tutorial i also found out that i have to create an apple developer account even if am using local mac builder.

my question is :
is there any way to bypass paying 99$ because it's a local mac builder and not hosted builder?
is there any way to create an apple developer account for FREE ?

Thank you :)

I don't think there's any way to avoid Apple's $99/yr cost. https://developer.apple.com/programs/how-it-works/. You just have to bite the bullet and do it. Note that it's yearly as well ...

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Requirements
  • Apple developer account (costs $99 per year).
  • An iOS device running iOS 8+.
The compilation process requires a Mac computer. You can either use a local Mac computer or use our Hosted Mac Builder service (currently costs $26 per year). Note that if you use a local Mac computer then you can develop with the iOS simulator which does not require an Apple developer account.

if you use a local mac you can use the iOS simulator without a need of a developer account. you also dont need to use provisions file when using the Simulator. so if you can run on your virtual machine the ios simulator then you are good to go. although you wont be able to test everything with the simulator like using imedia (camera). i have a mac mini and i use a lot the simulator. it is good if you want to test your app on different screen size like on ipad.

Upvote 0