iOS Question iOS / MacOS and "deprecated" Java?

BlindSight

Licensed User
Hi,

through my first really promising experiences with B4J I now also got interested in getting my hands wet with developing for iOS/MacOS and with B4i.

I got the B4i license and a hosted Mac Builder account, but as of tomorrow also a Mac Mini to use as a local builder and I am currently wading through the 77 page Apple Developer documentation or rather "rule book".

In reading this I just stumbled across something in section 3.3.1 that caught my attention and made me think "wait a minute", here we go ...

3.3.1 Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and
must not use or call any private APIs. Further, macOS Applications submitted to Apple for
distribution on the App Store may use only Documented APIs included in the default installation
of macOS or as bundled with Xcode and the Mac SDK; deprecated technologies (such as Java)
may not be used.

Now, I may be wrong, but does B4i not have Java under the hood just as B4J does? And if so, what is the "temporal perspective" of developing for iOS/MacOS with something that ultimately is JAVA when Apple calls the same "deprecated"?

I would not mind the money I spent on the Mac Mini, but I would like to know things have a longer term perspective before I sign up for an Apple Developer account.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this,

Ingmar