iOS Question IOS7 Background Fetch Programming

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by sarmanho, Mar 5, 2015.

1. sarmanho

sarmanho Member Licensed User

2. sarmanho

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You cannot update any control on the screen with this feature. What exactly are you trying to implement?

sarmanho likes this.
  4. sarmanho

Hi Erel. Good afternoon dear. I have to deliver a huge amount of messages in no time! I know that push notifications are not delivered on this scale and in a short time. I need the iphone see 5 in 5 minutes my servers to know if there's anything new. Like a BROADCAST. The link above has a very nice example of what I want. I know you're getting better and better the B4i. My client is in need of it. How to do it in B4i? Even I bless you dear! It turns out that my term is ending. I need BACKGROUND MODE FETCH. I saw that you have already implemented BACKGROUND LOCATION and BACKGROUND AUDIO. I await answer ...

5. Erel

I don't see how background fetch mode will help you achieve this.

This feature allows your app to download small data from time to time while it is in the background. Then when the user starts your app your app will already include the downloaded data. It is good for a news app for example.

sarmanho likes this.
  6. sarmanho

Thanks for the reply Erel. My client will send news even! You guessed it! I need to work BACKGROUND FETCH. Its implement in B4i or Objective C in line? If necessary I can give a value for you. Its do?

7. Erel

You currently cannot use background fetch mode. The inline feature will not help here. Please make a feature request in the wishlist forum for this.

sarmanho likes this.
  8. sarmanho

Erel think you can shoot a local notification after the data is retrieved using BACKGROUND MODE FETCH?

9. Erel

Seems like you are correct. However I think that you will get better results with a push solution instead.

sarmanho likes this.
  10. sarmanho

For my project does not work with notification. Must have access FETCH BACKGROUND MODE.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice