Android Question ipad , ipod applications

Enthousiastic

Licensed User
Hello !

First of all sorry for mine ignorence.
I made some database programs with basic4android.
Now friends of mine having ipad and ipod they want the above databases that i made.
My question is with b4i having as guide the written code of basic4android , can i write the databases for ipad and ipod devices and give them to my friends ?
Is it possible then to download it with itunes ?

Many thanks

Enthousiaastic !

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
You need an mac (mac in a cloud will work too) to upload the iOS-app to the apple-store.
And you need to have an apple-developer-account ($100/Year). And you need a hosted macbuilder (25$/year) if you dont own a mac

maybe you need to rewrite parts of your b4a-app to get this compiled with b4i.

But after you do all the prerequisites your friends can download the app from itunes after you published it.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
If you have look at SQLiteLight3 and iSQLiteLight3 you can compare them to see the differences.
iSQLiteLight3 is the porting of SQLiteLight3 from B4A to B4i.
The database is exactly the same.

Enthousiastic

Licensed User
Hello first thanks for answering my question. The problem is that i have a windows 8.1 laptop and a pc and i can afford to buy a mac.
What is the mac in a cloud you mentioned ? If i have an .ipa file ( i don't know if i tell it wright i want to say the corresponding .apk for ios ) and give it to my friends with a flash drive this will work in their devices ? Can i check it in ipod or ipad simulator before i give it ?
I don't understand the macbuilder you mentioned. Can you tell me more details for all above issues , you see i am a beginner.

MANY THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCED ENTHOUSIASTIC ! ! !