iOS Question IPv6

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am using the iNetwork Lib to connect to a IP/port and sending ASCII messages between the two devices.

I read on the Apple website that Apple is forcing developers to use IPv6 in there apps starting June 1.

Does this mean I can no longer connect to IP addresses like 192.168.0.xx in my app and must use IPv6 IP address like 2001:0db8:0000:0042:0000:8a2e:0370:7334 ?

Does the iNetwork Lib allow connections to a IPv6 device ?

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=05042016a

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the iNetwork Lib allow connections to a IPv6 device ?
Yes.

IPv4 addresses will still work. However you cannot hard code the address as it will not work if the device is connected to an IPv6 only network.

There is currently an issue in the iNet library that needs to be solved. I'm still investigating this requirement.

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
is there any progress on this? MY app has been rejected by apple with the following :-

On iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.2 over an IPv6 network, the app displays the initial download screen indefinitely but does not download content. A screenshot has been attached for your reference.

Please ensure that your app supports IPv6 networks, as IPv6 compatibility is required. For additional information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer toSupporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks

The download simply goes to a page on my website, how do I change the code to make this work? Also is there a way to test this on the phone when developing?
Thanks

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
perfect thanks Erel yes the library was on v1.2, using v1.3 passed Apple. Thanks for your help.

It was an FTP download, has been working with all previous versions.

Upvote 0