iOS Question iRandoAccessFile issue

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I have iRandomAccess v1.72 on b4i 5.81 using latest MacBuilder and I have an issue with the library failing to read files larger than 70kbytes it crashes the app if attempts to read beyond a 70th loop of reading 1024bytes. I have an App using same library for B4a and it is fine reading beyond 70kbytes.

If there is a fix for this already great! If not I will like to raise this issue for analysis and resolution. I have exhausted 2 days and isolated the problem to the library.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
False alarm the issue was a local variable memory not being released upon leaving a sub. Issue resolved

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
False alarm the issue was a local variable memory not being released upon leaving a sub. Issue resolved
My debugging too is often accelerated by publicly describing the problem I am chasing down ;-)

Why the answer always becomes obvious immediately after posting, and not before, I don't know.

Such is life.

:)

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why the answer always becomes obvious immediately after posting, and not before, I don't know.
Hi all

I have an answer for that
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
T. S. Eliot

Such is development - I have been at it for a lifetime.

Dave

Upvote 0

tzfpg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I have iRandomAccess v1.72 on b4i 5.81 using latest MacBuilder and I have an issue with the library failing to read files larger than 70kbytes it crashes the app if attempts to read beyond a 70th loop of reading 1024bytes. I have an App using same library for B4a and it is fine reading beyond 70kbytes.

If there is a fix for this already great! If not I will like to raise this issue for analysis and resolution. I have exhausted 2 days and isolated the problem to the library.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
may i know how to solve the problem?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure what issue you are experiencing but for me my Sub to fill the buffer with a read I locally declared two buffer variable arrays and only one was being returned. It seems the memory wasnt being released for the array I used to transpose data.

If you want you can globally declare the buffer array and remove the local dim declaration.

Hope this helps you

Upvote 0