Android Question Is it possible to detect a bluetooth device... SOLVED 20150707 ->solution uploaded :)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by GvD, Jul 2, 2015.

1. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

... wich is paired but not visible and not running an application to serial connect.
    ( i want to detect an iPhone without programming it and then react in my android-app)

Thanks in advance

Nobody any idea?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

If the device is not discoverable and not listening to connections then you will not be able to find it.

GvD likes this.
  3. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

Thank you for your valid response!
    In 2 days "try and error" with my PC ( permanent visible and hterm.exe ) and a second mobile i ascertain just this.
    I thougt to the bluetooth in my car. After pairing once, no app is necessary to reconnect...

4. Erel

The OS itself listens for connections. The car doesn't use the SPP profile. As you can see there are many profiles available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles

Most of them are handled by the OS.

Peter Simpson and GvD like this.
  5. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

OH - Thank you very much! - Where do you take the time? - ... That's a very useful hint!
    So - last ( but not least ;) ) question: do you think i can use such a profile with B4A? ...

6. Erel

What do you want to implement? Apps mostly work with the SPP profile as the other profiles are already handled by the OS.

7. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

the question behind is the first question :) - i want to detect paired devices without running an app at the other device ...

8. Erel

9. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

10. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

SOLVED :cool::)
    I'm so happy!

Do you think i shoud share my solution? -> Detecting other -not visible but paired- bluetooth devices in a background app?

11. Erel

It is always a good idea...

GvD likes this.
  12. GvD

GvD Member Licensed User

Hmmm... ok ... first i will say, that this solution ( as any solution ) could be better - but for my needs - its ok.
    Improvement suggestions always are welcome ;)

Attached Files: