Android Question Is there a limit with the Scrollview ?

Luis Felipe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

Thanx to a lot of wonderful people here in the forum (Klaus, Erel, mc73, DonManfredetc...) I'm improving my first app but there is still some things that are not working as expected.
In one activity I'm using a "big" scrollview of 800*2400 pixeles (the app is going to be used only on one model of tablet with 1200x800 pixeles).

2 questions:
* The "Designer window" does not allow me to expand the height of its screen more than 2400 pixeles : why ? is this a limit ? (I'm working on a 23" display so the problem is not the resolution ;-)). And it's a problem for me because the screen is totally full of panel and views and I need a little more space to add the "Validate" button on the bottom of the page (actually it is on the top of the page, because of the lack of space, but it's not very "UI friendly" !)

* on the other hand when I debug directly on the tablet, when the user scroll down it seems that there is not this limit and I'd like to know how, in that case, I can stop the scroll when the last view is seen on the screen ?

Thank you again. B4A seems a very good tool...

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you need to study a bit deeper the basics of B4A.
You must also be consistent in what you are doing.
In your layout files you have a layout variant of 600 / 913
But you are targetting devices with 800 / 1200 !?
I already told you this.
In the ScrollViewLayout you have panel pnlTest with the dimensions of 800 / 3600 which, I suppose it should be the parent panel of all the views of the ScrollView.
The other panels in this layout have as their parent the Activity, but their parent should be pnlTest !

Upvote 0

Luis Felipe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you need to study a bit deeper the basics of B4A.
You must also be consistent in what you are doing.
In your layout files you have a layout variant of 600 / 913
But you are targetting devices with 800 / 1200 !?
I already told you this.
In the ScrollViewLayout you have panel pnlTest with the dimensions of 800 / 3600 which, I suppose it should be the parent panel of all the views of the ScrollView.
The other panels in this layout have as their parent the Activity, but their parent should be pnlTest !
You're right Klaus.
I made the changes of the dimensions of the layout, right after sending this post :(.
I put Activity as their parent because I saw that every groups of radiobuttons has to be in a different panel in order to have only one checkeable per group.
Problem solved.
Merci Klaus.

Upvote 0