Is there a way to print a specific message from Forum thread ?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to print a message from Forum thread ?

Say I want to print to pdf (already have pdf driver installed), so just print call will do,
the below message,

There is option to share this message but none to print only this message. Ctrl+P prints whole displayed page.

Regards,

Anand

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are talking about just the message in the box, you can select it with your mouse.
Start slight above the box and highlight, slowly, to the lower right corner. When all that you want is highlighted, press Ctrl C to copy to clipboard.
At that point you have several options. I have Word sitting in the background. When you right click on a Word document, you can use Ctrl V to paste exactly what you see above. When ready, get Word to print it. Note that in Word the link still works, so you may want keep that way.

It sounds like a lot of work, but I can do it in a few seconds. It also works with any particular post.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I am already using better way to print pdf of specific message using Print Edit WE

but being a lazy programmer, want something on one-click to do the same.

Regards,

Anand

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I forgot to press Post earlier this morning ....

Windows snipping tool ? New snip > Print. Downside is it is printed as image so clarity is reduced.

PS: I used to use Firefox and loaded it up with addons/extensions to solve all the worlds problems .. Give it a week or so to load it would try...

Hail Opera....

Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With Chrome you can select the text you want and Press Control P, select More Settings and somewhere near the bottom there is a option to print selection only.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
Chrome steps are similar but FF extensions is quicker to highlight a text block. Try it.

Regards,

Anand