Android Question Issues in Installing B4A on X64 Machine

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Shyam29june, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Shyam29june

Shyam29june Member

All,

I am a novice and this is my first post/question. Please correct me if I am posing the question at wrong place.

I downloaded B4A few days before and tried installing on my 64 bit machine. I tried uninstalling java64 bit and reinstalling 32 bit version and made multiple attempts but there is no success.

This morning I cleaned up my machine by uninstalling almost all softwares (except office and few critical apps). But again while installing i end up with the question due to contradicting statements on B4A website and B4A documentation.

On B4A website (@ http://www.b4x.com/b4a.html) it states,

"Select "Windows x86 (32-bit) or Windows x64" in the platforms list."

In contrary to this,

On B4A documentation - Beginners Guide (edition 2.9 updated on 2014.06.03) page 10, states that
    'Select "Windows x86" in the platforms list (for 64 bit machines as well)'

I attached screen captures for reference.

Since my earlier attempts failed, I want to clarify if I am doing right thing. IS there a latest guide available? I appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance
    -MSP

Attached Files:

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Both versions (x86 or x64) should work. Which error did you get?

Shyam29june likes this.
  3. Shyam29june

Shyam29june Member

Thank you for the reply. I installed with X64 and working fine now. I wish someone update the document.

I seem to have some teething problems on emulator but will explore it.

4. Erel

I don't recommend you to use the emulator at all. Use a real device or a virtual machine such as Genymotion.

Shyam29june and Peter Simpson like this.
  5. Shyam29june

Shyam29june Member

Thank you for the advice. I installed Genymotion and it is indeed faster. But I am stuck with a question.

I am able to load and run "MyFirstProgram" smoothly on device emulated by Genymotion. Happy until here. (so I think, my setup is correct. :-D)

But when I tried writing a simple "Hello World" application, I am not able to run. I verified the folders for the availability of layout file and it exists. I tried giving complete path for the file but no success.

Please help me. I attached screen capture images both for B4A and Emulator screens.

Thanks in advance
    -MSP

Attached Files:

6. Erel

There is a breakpoint in line #27 so it paused the execution. Click on the red circle to remove the breakpoint.

Shyam29june likes this.
  7. Shyam29june

Shyam29june Member

It worked like a charm.:) thanks a ton. I love you B4A.

mangojack likes this.