iOS Question iTabstrip and B4XDrawer

Sviluppatori Liceo Giovio

Licensed User
When using a tabstrip placed within a b4xdrawer's centerpanel you cannot open the sliding menu using the gesture.

Would it be possible to solve this? Tabstrip and B4XDrawer on Android have the behaviour I'm looking for, where if the slide comes from the edge of the screen it pulls open the drawer instead.

I've attached an example to show what I'm talking about - the green area near the top of the screen is free, and the only spot where you can use the gesture to open the menu. I know it's possible to use a button instead, but I'd like the behavior of the app to be consistent across versions.

Attachments

• B4XDrawer & iTabStrip issue.zip
    115.1 KB · Views: 247

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why aren't you using anchors?

SS-2019-03-31_11.25.31.png

The only way for it to work is by leaving a larger gap between the TabStrip and the left edge. Even if it would have worked, the UX will be problematic. How will you know whether the user wants to pull the menu or switch tab?

Upvote 0

Sviluppatori Liceo Giovio

Licensed User
Why aren't you using anchors?

SS-2019-03-31_11.25.31.png

The only way for it to work is by leaving a larger gap between the TabStrip and the left edge. Even if it would have worked, the UX will be problematic. How will you know whether the user wants to pull the menu or switch tab?
I didn't use anchors just because that was an example. I'm not sure about the UX stuff, it just sort of worked on android. I'll try and see if I can find some workaround other than that since the tabstrip contains listviews and it would look quite strange

Upvote 0