Italian forum

moty22

Licensed User
wish1.gif
italian1.gif

Wish sound is added to the Italian forum so we get to hear some of this pretty language.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We Italians do not need an Italian 'CHIT CHAT' channel because it is not our custom to spend a lot of time talking.
It would be useless

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried some of the GESTI but I guess you have to be Italian to do it right.
You have to go to highly specialized schools.
We attend them in kindergartens before learning to read and write. They are demanding schools because you can summarize speeches of hours in a few gestures, acquiring the are of synthesis is not easy

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We attend them in kindergartens before learning to read and write. They are demanding schools because you can summarize speeches of hours in a few gestures, acquiring the are of synthesis is not easy
yep, I have lived in Italy for more than 30 years but I did not attend the "kindergarten" here in Italy and there is no way I can make gestures like Italians. It's great art.
As @Star-Dust said, with a few gestures you can avoid long speeches. Just like with Emoji 😀

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let me add some to this funny thread: gestures are the easy part...
If you happen to travel to south Italy you quicly discover that the same identical phrase can have meanings ranging from a sincere compliment to a subtle threat.
It depends on many factors. Even autoctones at times are not sure how to interpret a phrase.

As a classical example, the phrase "what a nice car/family you have", among the others could mean:
- appreciation
- do your own business (you have a lot to lose)
- target acquired

Another important point is: what's not said constitutes the real message.

Anyway, generally speaking, all the people is enjoyable, ready for new friendships and to have good time together. So, plan your next vacation there..SD will surely donate a logo following a coffee together :D