B4J Question Java 11 on Linux Minimum Requirements

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Does anyone know what the minimum system requirements are to run a B4J app on Linux with Java 11 ?

I am currently using Java 8 with B4J with another VPS provider and plan to upgrade to Java 11 and use AWS EC2 to host my B4J app. The new B4J app I am about to create will run a small Jetty web server with a handful visitors a day.

Would something like an AWS EC2 instance t4g.nano, t3a.nano or t3.nano be powerful enough? Or would I need to look at an more powerful EC2 instance ?

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@aaronk unless there is a specific reason to use AWS I would highly recommend Linode. I have many B4J servers running on their smallest Linux server which $5 per month.

Upvote 0

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a look at the AWS nano server prices out of curiosity and they are pretty good. There are better offers as @tchart mentioned
I currently use either servercheap.net for 3$ with IPv4 or if only web to mikr.us where the cheapest server is for 8$ per year, but there is only IPv6 which I can easily connect to cloudflare. The mikr.us service was created by a passionate and for small money servers work well for beginner developers etc.

Upvote 0