Android Question Javac install and subsequent "An error occurred access denied"

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just updated to B4a 11.0 and updated Java to OpenJDK 11 + OpenJFX 11 installed to D:\Java.
When I configure paths in a project that worked for years, it gives the error "An error occurred access denied".
What am I doing incorrectly? I have insured that the d:\Java folder exists and is not read protected.
Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I created a NEW project with no command lines (except the defaults created by B4a), compiled and got:
[IDE message - 4:49:03]
An error occurred.
The system cannot find the file specified
I got this far by removing the "Blocked" flag on the zip file and re-installing everything according to your install instructions.
When I compile my code I get:
Screenshot 2021-10-11 045230.png
BTW, if I click the Open SDK Manager button I get:
[IDE message - 4:56:24]
An error occurred.
The system cannot find the file specified

When I compile my program (that has worked for a decade) I get:

[IDE message - 4:54:19]
An error occurred.
Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

I even re-organized my files/folders to be D:\android instead of D:\android-sdk as I have had it for years.
One additional note, I'm running on Windows 11 x64, if that matters.
...no joy...
Please advise.
Thanks
Rusty

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel, I noticed that and when I correct it to D:\java\jdk-11.0.1\bin\javac.exe
I get the error:
[IDE message - 2:53:32]
An error occurred.
Access is denied

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I ran as administrator and when I click OK, it get the error to the right...

1634120359246.png

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I uninstalled B4a; I deleted the D:\Program Files\B4a folder and all contents; I installed b4a 11.0 and started b4a, clicked tools; Path configuration and set the Java jdk to the D:\Jave\\jdk-11.0.1\bin\javac.exe; clicked OK and got the same error.
Remember, I'm running Windows 11, I know it shouldn't make any difference, but thought you should know.
PS I ran b4a as Admin, just FYI
where is the .ini file stored?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I checked all the files in that folder and none are read protected or marked as from the internet.
I'm getting this when I create a NEW DEFAULT program:
1634206790409.png

I still cannot successfully set the javac.exe path configuration. I get:
1634209165467.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's highly unlikely to be anything to do with the combination of B4A and Windows 11. Microsoft has stated that if a program runs on Windows 10 it will run on Windows 11. Furthermore B4A is a .NET program and if there was a problem with .NET and Windows 11 it would have become very obvious by now. Have you looked in AppData to see if the ini file is there. If so can you edit and save it with Notepad? If not can you create and edit a %AppData%\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\b4xV5.ini file?

You could try adding another user and see if it works for that user as each user has their own AppData folder.

Also I see you have everything on D:. As a last ditch attempt try putting everything on C: but it probably won't make any difference.

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Agraham, I just uninstalled, deleted all traces of B4a, re-installed, no joy. I uninstalled and reinstalled on C: (java and libraries still on D:), no joy
So I uninstalled, installed 10.6, did the same, still no joy.
I'm moving Java and Android to C: to see if that changes anything...
Yes, the ini gets create and yes, it can be edited by notepad. Can I hand edit and add the references manually?

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I uninstalled everything b4a., reinstalled 11 on C:, moved Java and Android to C:, same issues...
I'll add a new user and try again...
BTW, I use .NET 2017 and 2019 for development every day and no problems there...

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks again Agraham, can you point me to which lines within the .ini have the definitions for Java and Android and anything else that is important?
Or post a valid example?

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably these
b4x said:
AdditionalLibrariesFolder=C:\Users\Andy\Documents\B4X Additional Libraries

JavaBin=C:\jdk1.8.0_221\bin

PlatformFolder=C:\Android\platforms\android-30

SharedModulesFolder=C:\Users\Andy\Documents\B4A\Modules

ToolsFolder=C:\Android\tools\

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Agraham, I installed a new user, installed b4a, tried to configure and got the same error... All installed on Drive C...
I'll try to manually edit the ini with your suggestions. :)

Upvote 0