Android Question Javac install and subsequent "An error occurred access denied"

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just updated to B4a 11.0 and updated Java to OpenJDK 11 + OpenJFX 11 installed to D:\Java.
When I configure paths in a project that worked for years, it gives the error "An error occurred access denied".
What am I doing incorrectly? I have insured that the d:\Java folder exists and is not read protected.
Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I hand edited all those values, started b4a and it wanted them defined. It definitely can write to the ini, since all the values I provided manually were wiped out.
When I reset the values in B4a, it said denied access... It has to be another file/folder than .ini, since it DID write over the file...
Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's changed recently? When did this problem start to happen? What did you do just before it started to go wrong? No 'safe mode' or other mode active or possibly over zealous anti-virus or something?

Otherwise I would check access permissions on the file and directory in question.

1634294793084.png

e.g. for me it is full control - actually full control for all users, system or Administrators.

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
What's changed recently? When did this problem start to happen? What did you do just before it started to go wrong? No 'safe mode' or other mode active or possibly over zealous anti-virus or something?

Otherwise I would check access permissions on the file and directory in question.

View attachment 120278
e.g. for me it is full control - actually full control for all users, system or Administrators.
I checked all of the permissions and Full Control is set...still no joy...thanks

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I checked all of the permissions and Full Control is set...still no joy...thanks
Windows 11 is the only change that has occurred, including a security update for Windows 11

Update: of course, I installed B4a 11.0, the Windows defender and PC Matic Whitelist/blacklist the was rejecting it WITHOUT the normal warning window.
I disabled them and was able to get the paths set !!!! :)
Thanks to ALL for your ideas and suggestions that led me to this...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: eps
Upvote 0