B4J Question jRDC2 handling with 50+ commands

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Community,

i develope a "little" big social media App and i'm using Currently 3 jRDC's, because I have quite a few SQL commands now (50+). But this is a big security risk, because with HTTP and HTTPS there are 4 more open ports on the Server and 2 more sub domains, which I have to deposit in my app.

Why did I do it that way?
because I'm scared, if the app has many visitors, that the Jrdc2 could be overwhelmed. And to help out, I thought I split it up to 3, then everyone has a certain amount of commands.

My question is, do I even need to be afraid that the jRDC2 is overwhelmed when all 50-70 commands are all in one?

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But this is a big security risk
Where is the risk?
RDC does not provide a method for sql injection since all scripts are on the server and only params are passed - not the sql statement itself.
Aside being simple to use - this is the most redeeming feature of RDC (jRDC, jRDC2).
"Safe as a dollar in God's pocket" - as my late brother-in-law used to say...

Thanks

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and 2 more sub domains
Speaking of sub-domains, how does one configure these?

I have one IP address to my server (or domain name). How do I setup sub domains to the same and use them (for different apps or pages)?
I may post a new thread for this - since it is skewing the direction of this post...

Thanks

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0