Wish Keep private sign key location in project file

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by wimpie3, Mar 20, 2015.

1. wimpie3

wimpie3 Well-Known Member Licensed User

If I'm not mistaken, the private sign key is global for B4A. This means that each time you load a different project, the same private key is applied. This is rather cumbersome if you work for multiple clients, each having another private key. Would it be possible to save the private key location together with the project so I don't have to change the private key each time I open a different project?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

If you are creating an app for someone else it does make sense to use a different sign key for each customer as the customer will need the key.

3. wimpie3

Exactly my point!

Currently the same key is used for every single project UNLESS you MANUALLY change the key.

I have 10 clients and they each have their own private key. So when I open one project, I have to look up which key belongs to which project.

So why not put the key location INSIDE the project file? In that way, each project can use another (or the same) key and you don't have to change the key location manually.

4. Erel

Remember that you can use the debug key during development. The key is only important when you release the app.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. wimpie3

Exactly, but once in a while I compile a "release" version, even in the debug process, to see if the obfuscation works.

6. Erel

There is no problem with compiling in release mode with the debug key. The correct key is only important when you distribute your app.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice