Keeping Hardware Alive

corwinckler

Licensed User
Hi

Erel you mentioned hardware.keepalive
Is this a device setting or something that can be done in the program?

Regards
--Cor

ashrafidkaidek

Licensed User
Keep alive error message

i have tried to use the keepalive exactly as the example in the Basic4ppc documentation, but unfortunately i keep receive an error after 5 second from running the exe file in my PPC (LG Incite), i believe the error message show right after the hardware1.keepalive command handling, any help will be highly appreciated

specci48

Licensed User
You are trying to run this program on your desktop!

Excerpt from the help file of the hardware.dll:

This library is only functional on the device.
If you like to build the application on the desktop you can use the HardwareDesktop.dll file.
It is a shallow copy of the Hardware library (without any functionality).

So the error in your screenshot is not that one you'll get on your device.

specci48

Last edited:

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Ah, you're getting there. From your screen shot, I see you have the help file for the Hardware library open. See the line:

Hardware1.New1

This initialises the hardware object. I think you need to read the Libraries Tutorial.

To get you started very quickly, in the IDE, use 'Tools>Components' and add the Hardware.dll to the Device side and the HardwareDesktop.dll to the Desktop side. Then create your object. To do this, its 'Tools>Add object' and you will see 'HardWare'. Call it 'HardWare1'

Now in your AppStart sub, add a line Hardware1.New1 before your timer enabling and you should be up and running. But I must stress you should have a read of the tutorial, because the more you get into Basic4PPC - the more you will experience the need for libraries. :)

ashrafidkaidek

Licensed User
KeepAlive error

Thank you everybody for your replies, unfortunately all what you have mentioned was already done:

Dear specci48, I never tried to run the exe from my PC, I have ran the file from PPC (LG Incite) as I mentioned before, and the Hardware.dll included in the same directory as the exe

Dear Zenerdiode, I’m not a new Basic4PPC user, actually I have already done what you have recommended, please see the new attached image

Any new ideas folks … thank you in advance

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
You haven't initialized the Harware1 object ?!
You are missing the line in red!

B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]App_Start[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] [COLOR=red]Hardware1.New1[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] Form1.show[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] Timer1.Enabled = [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Timer1_Tick[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] Hardware1.KeepAlive [/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Best regards.