Android Question Keyboard layout not consistant for edittext´s

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

In one edittext, if I click in the edittext field and then hold the "enter button", the keyboard popping up looks like this:

AlMl00f.png

which is how I always want it to be. However, in another screen it looks like this, also when clicking in the edittext field and holding the "enter" button:

KwMWf8o.png

First I thought it was due to one being multiline and the other one not, but after setting both to single line, the difference is still there. Any idea what the reason is for this?

The reason why I want it to be as in the first image is because I want it to be as easy as possible to access the emoticons.

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just made sure again, plus set ForceDone to true but the result is the same.
I tried then to create a test project and unchecked single line. This did not change the behavour to that of the 2nd screenshot, but also only shows the smiley face when long pressing "enter".

Upvote 0

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Eventually it is the keyboard app itself that sets the keyboard interface, so it is hard to say why it looks different.
Thanks Erel,

Is there a way to use the IME library for overwriting this so that it´ll always look the same, and that with any alphabet loaded on the phone?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to use the IME library for overwriting this so that it´ll always look the same
You cannot control the keyboard layout. You can provide hints for the keyboard app.

I need to make some experiments until you find out what causes your specific keyboard to change the layout.

Upvote 0