keypad (how to turn on and stay after edittext)

wheretheidivides

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I have a panel with 5 edittext boxes. There are 3 panels on the page so android goes in columns. What I mean is after inputting the top left edittext it goes down the column and not to the right of the row. I fixed that by using the focus. However, now the problem is that using the number keypad it goes away after the input.

I click on a edittext box, the kepyapd pops up, i input the number, i click DONE, the input moves to the next box (horizontally), and the keypad goes away. Is there a way to keep the keypad on the screen as it refocusses to the next edittext?????? This may be an issue with the keypad I choose which is DECIMAL_NUMBERS. There is no NEXT button to press like in the normal android keypad. So I was thinking that after the refocus to the next edittext box, I could have the keypad pop up. How do you do that?

B4X:
'move to edittext box to right
   EditText1702b.RequestFocus

wheretheidivides

Licensed User
Longtime User
ill check it out again, but the first few time i read it it didn't make a lot of sense. seemed to be written by engineer for enginners. i'll reread though and see.

For example "Note that the IME object should be initialized before it can be used." has no code. I tried "IME.Initialize()" but it gives an error. remeber to include SIMPLE code showing how to do something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can see the correct signature in the manual: Basic4android - IME

Also in the IDE:
SS-2012-05-03_17.25.53.png

Upvote 0