B4A Library [Lib] UltimateListView

I've been working on this project for a long time and I'm very proud to release the version 4 today.

The UltimateListView is, as its pompous name says, THE ListView.

• It can handle very long lists. This is a screenshot of a list with 245813 items, all different:

verylonglist.jpg

• It can mix different layouts (and they can be changed dynamically). You can use it as an expandable ListView:

layouts.jpg

• It has a low memory footprint and is very fast (this report comes from the Performance demo where the list has to display 128901 distinct words read from a database and the used device is a Huawei Honor single core 1.4 Ghz):

performance.png

• It can scroll in both directions thanks to its swipe detector:

tables.jpg

• The swipe detector can also be used to implement a swipe-to-dismiss or a swipe-to-reveal:

swipedetector.png
  • You can easily add editors to your table to change its content:

celledit.jpg

• You can animate the items when they are added, removed, replaced or when the list is scrolled (with your own custom animation):

animationclap.png

• It can stack items from the bottom:

stackfrombottom.png

• It supports drag & drop operations (internal & external):

dragndrop.png

• You can synchronize lists with different item heights:

grid.jpg
The examples will show you how to implement a Pull-to-Refresh, create sticky headers or combine several lists to make a wheel. One of the examples is an improved version of my File Explorer class.

All texts and images can be loaded asynchronously (from Internet, from a database or from a local folder), so you can scroll even if the data are not fully loaded.

The list has its own state manager.

Since September 2018, ULV is available for free. You can still donate for it if you wish.
To send the money, just click on the Donate button below (the amount to enter is in euros):

Note that UltimateListView is not a wrapper around the work of someone else. It is 100% my own code and it is based upon the standard Java ListView of Android.

The UltimateListView does not work with Android versions < 2. It cannot work with B4J or B4i.

Current version: 4.50

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Last edited:

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
swipe to delete, show selected?

Hi Frederic,

I'm working on a Logo turtle-graphics app (to teach programming to children), and I'm looking for a few list features that the standard listview, customListView, and even clsChecklist don't provide.

Can you tell me if ULV can:
- delete a line by swiping (e.g. like the Android Gmail app)
- show a line as selected (i.e. tap the line to edit, then edit details in an adjacent panel while still showing the line as selected in the list)

Basically, I need a list control that gives me lots of UI features, not so much the ability to handle thousands of items (although I will no doubt need that at some point, so that's a bonus).

Thanks!

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you tell me if ULV can:
- delete a line by swiping (e.g. like the Android Gmail app)
- show a line as selected (i.e. tap the line to edit, then edit details in an adjacent panel while still showing the line as selected in the list)

The latest version embeds two examples of swiping (in the examples, I use the swipe gesture to add a bookmark, but you can do anything else instead, e.g. revealing an hidden panel, removing the item...). And, yes, you can show what item is selected. It's the user who decide how the selected item(s) look. If you want to show an orange star, a red dot or anything else instead of a background color, it's up to you.

RiverRaid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Informatix!

Thank you for the great lib and extra :)

Best regards, Andi

Last edited:

Wembly

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tree view - layout more than once click event possible?

Hi

I've been working with the tree demo supplied with the 3.4 library and have managed to adapt the layout exactly as required and is working really well.

However I'm wanting to have more than a single click event on one of the layouts e.g. majority of the layout will expand the the tree as expected, but an icon at the right side of the layout will when click will have a different function such as create a record at that level.

I've already attempted this, but the 'ULV_ItemClick' event always seems to be called.

Please can you advise if this is possible and if so how best to achieve it?

Thanks.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I've been working with the tree demo supplied with the 3.4 library and have managed to adapt the layout exactly as required and is working really well.

However I'm wanting to have more than a single click event on one of the layouts e.g. majority of the layout will expand the the tree as expected, but an icon at the right side of the layout will when click will have a different function such as create a record at that level.

I've already attempted this, but the 'ULV_ItemClick' event always seems to be called.

Please can you advise if this is possible and if so how best to achieve it?

Use the click event of the clicked view. And store the item ID in its tag property to retrieve it in the Click handler.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just dontated, but I have a question. Is it possible to use Ultimatelistview as a preference editor? So basically a label, and besides that label a checkbox, or an input box? Do you have an example of this?

thader2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Informatix,

Today i donate you 25 eu for your wonderful work and nice listview. how can I get the Ultimate listview?

thanks for all.

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, the VariableSize. Just what I needed and it's not even in your screenshots on the first page.
Thanks a lot!
Helen.

AbbasMohammed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Sir,
What is the last version for UltimateListView,is it Version: 3.9 ? And do i have to pay again for future updates?

Abbas

Last edited: