LibGDX game - Level Editor!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilan, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hi,

i would like to ask you guys if you also create external tools to make your app/game developing easier..
    i use it quit often, lately i created a level editor for a bouncing ball game (b4a - libgdx)

i would like to show you a video how i use my level editor and how simple it makes creating new levels...

have fun ;)

BTW: the game runs much smoother on a real phone then seen in the video (poor recording quality and some issues with my notebook make it looks slow)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. susu

susu Well-Known Member Licensed User

Nice editor!

And this one even nicer!

[​IMG]

Informatix and ilan like this.
  3. ilan

Eye of the Tiger ;)

4. andymc

andymc Well-Known Member Licensed User

I wrote a level editor for a platform game I was wokring on years ago, here's the youtube link:

I might convert it across to B4A and libgdx sometime soon, after I finish my twin stick shooter game and tutorial series.

ilan likes this.
  5. ilan

Looks very nice @andymc
    this is a great jump n run level editor could be nice to implement it in a libgdx box2d game

6. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

here's one I made 2 weeks ago in B4J with keeping small tiles (retro computing) and big ones in mind. it all adjusts as needed and supports none-square tiles aswell.
    (2x1 for example, not the hexagone ones)
    TileMapEditor.png

ilan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice