Libraries Bounty Thread - Request Libraries here

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Recently free and supported library sharing on the forum has slowed down a bit. I know there is a lot of behind-the-scenes library development going on, but it does not benefit the community.
To make libraries that are niche or more difficult to develop or simply not worth the time, I am opening this thread with some rules.

1. To request a library, please use the following format:
how much you are willing to offer, the library name, the link to the sdk/website, comments e.g. which features are required
For e.g. :
$50 Facebook https://developers.facebook.com/docs/android/ Required: Login, Posting images

2. I will then update the first (or second post) with the accumulated list of bounty for each library and what is required.

3. Once you offer a bounty you are required to pay it on completion. To back out, make sure it is done before a developer takes it up, and post in this thread explicitly stating that you do not require it.

4. Library developers. The first developer to post in this thread accepting an offer will have access to the bounty. Should he fail to deliver, post back in this thread so the bounty can be resurrected. If he becomes non-responding for more than 7 days, the bounty can be resurrected and the job will be taken from him.

5. Please keep this thread clean because it will be hard to track. Please be civil and considerate.

This thread is open for all contributors and all library developers. I am only keeping track of them in this thread.

Last edited:

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Library

B4J OpenGL/ JOGL - alienhunter

Standout Library
$100 Quaki http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...ead-request-libraries-here.41959/#post-258880

AppBrain AppLift Library Full
$50 MarcTG http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...quest-libraries-here.41959/page-2#post-260087
$20 MaxApps http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...quest-libraries-here.41959/page-2#post-260230

PayPal library - Full
EUR250 bluedude http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...quest-libraries-here.41959/page-3#post-270701

PDF ImageViewer
EUR 250 bluedude Simple PDF image viewer Required: need to be able to show a PDF that contains an image. Also needs to scale right.

OpenCV
$100 microbox See here for details

Last edited:

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@thedesolatesoul
to make facebook lib i need pay $50 alone? or all users on the forum need complete $50 for u make?

i want this lib facebook but $50 for me in brasil is much
111,25 Reais o_O

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a comment from my own experience: offers that I receive regularly are very low for an european developper. Who's motivated to work three full days for 50 euros unless you need also the library? I think that many people have to face reality when it comes to hire someone.
I have the same experience. This is why I was hoping if more people are willing to contribute for the same library then it may become worth the time.

@thedesolatesoul
to make facebook lib i need pay $50 alone? or all users on the forum need complete $50 for u make?

i want this lib facebook but $50 for me in brasil is much
111,25 Reais o_O
So, this thread is for all developers, not for me. Any library developer can make the library, not me probably.
The idea is that everyone will say what they can afford, if you can afford only $1 then it is fine. If 100 people combine it will become $100.
Then a developer can see if the time and effort to build the library is worth $100 for him or not, or he can wait until the bounty increases.
If it becomes worth it at some point, someone will build the library.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can start with $20 = R$44,50 *-* for lib of facebook
login , logout, and get profiles info
name
last name
etc etc

Last edited:

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+ 30 my friend on brazil go buy too
need pay now or later it finish u tell me and i pay?

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
jaja yes a lot of people do not want more help * - *
does not hurt I paid the $ 50 alone. I hope that others pay possible updates

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would someone be interested in wrapping the Google-Play-Services sdk, i know Frederic wrapped it once, but since google graciously decided to changed their entire API, that library no longer works with the latest sdk version. I know of a few other developers who are in need of this library, if anyone is interested please let us know and we can pitch in to pay for it.

Cheers,
Walter

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
now have facebook lib
and google is under construction

for now i dont need libs
@thedesolatesoul
thx again man for the best iniciative

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Lots of people have unreasonable expectations price wise, I think overall an Android developer in Europe makes EUR 50 an hour so three days work is EUR 1200, that is reality.

thedesolatesoul, I probably need a few things in the near future and i'm fine to pay some money for a few quality libraries. I probably need:

- a new PayPal library;
- other libraries for payment gateways.

I also notice stuff slows down and developers focus on things that I don't need for business apps.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
The PayPal libraries here (MPL) are old an not based on the latest Android SDK's. Who is we? Do you mean on this forum? Probably is not good enough for professional deliveries for customers :)

Really looking to work with a few lib developers that can deliver on time and communicate while a project moves on.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The PayPal libraries here (MPL) are old an not based on the latest Android SDK's. Who is we? Do you mean on this forum? Probably is not good enough for professional deliveries for customers :)

Really looking to work with a few lib developers that can deliver on time and communicate while a project moves on.
Yes, I was talking about the libraries already available on the forum. The purpose of this thread is to get you a dedicated developer who should be able to deliver (if not, can be taken accountable). And I agree communication is key otherwise it can be a nightmare.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I guess you are referring to Zooz. However, rather work with the Paypal stuff directly. I don't think there is a recent Paypal library out there unfortunately.

Quaki

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm interested in Standout lib (I think more people will be interesetd in this lib)
What I need is
- resizeable and dragable window with possibility of making it transparent (backgroud of window transparent labels transparent only visible part will be the text in labels)
- create labels (also transparent) inside the window where data recived from serial port or simple text will be displayed
- window has to be always on top but with possibility of using the aplication under this window
Something like Aircal
Bounty from me lets say 100$ (for start)
Best regards