Android Question Licensing Library not working on Android 2.3.6

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have not been able to get the Licensing Library 1.21 to work on my oldest test phone. It always responds with DontAllow.

I have a single user account setup on PlayStore and PlayStore shows my app as purchased but it still fails.

It works on a phone with 4.0.4 and new ones I have but not on this old one.

According to Google documentation the Licensing function should work on API 3 or greater.

Google Play services is running (version 10.0.84).

As a side minor issue I never see a callback to _Allow on any of my phones even though SetVariableAndValue works just fine and confirms a valid license. The _Error callback works on newer phones when I corrupt the app key for testing. On older phones I just get _DontAllow.

==============
Any chance of adding a debug flag so I can see more of what is going on internally within the library? Like what response it is getting from the server.

Last edited:

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got it working now.

Not sure which of these did it. I did a data clear on both the Google Play services and Google Play Store apps.

================
More testing shows I needed to do a data clear on Google Play services, Google Play Store and my app. Then when I run my app it still fails with DontAllow on the first run but works the second time I run my app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0