Licensing problems

Rick Harris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still having big problems with the licensing library. Questions:

1. Am I correct to assume that if I upload a new version of my App to Google Play and I subsequently change something in my source code then the licensing will generate a "NOT_MARKET_MANAGED" error?

I am asking this because I have now twice noticed that, after receiving an "Allow" (or "Don't Allow") event, as soon as I make changes to my source code, the library reverts to the above error.

2. If I change the string in the SALT string, do I have to create a new App in the Google Plays store? I fear that the "don't allow" response that I got at one point in time was caused by me uploading a new version with a slightly different SALT string.

3. The same question as regards the test_1 string ("some secret string")?

4. Do I have to wait (an hour or more) before Google Play sends back the correct response corresponding to the most recent upload?

5. Some problems might be caused by the fact that the licensing library also uses a local cache. Is that true? Where is this cache to be found? How can I delete it (or at least delete the trouble-causing licensing part)?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. This is not clear from Google documentation.
2. Changing the SALT string can be problematic as the cached values will not work anymore.
Users can uninstall the existing app and install the new version again to fix it.
3. You can change the test_1 string. It will not cause any problems.
4. The server responses are not related to any specific version.
5. Yes. The best way to clear the cache is to uninstall the application and reinstall it. Even if you delete the cache file the data can still be kept in memory.

Upvote 0

Rick Harris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone else with similar problems / experience?

Hi Erel,
Thank you for your detailed reply.

Has anyone else experienced the same as me with my point-1, i.e. is it correct (normal) that I get a "NOT_MARKET_MANAGED" response from Google Play as soon as I make any slight change to my B4A code after uploading an app to the store?

Surely I am not the only one who is wrestling with Google's new licensing solution (or is it still too new)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0