Line numbers in desktop editor

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

as I have some very large applications it would be very helpful if there were line numbers in front of each line. I know that the line of the current cusorposition is shown at the bottom of the editor, but if you are searching for a special line (or program position) you have to scroll, click a line, look at the line number, scroll again...
As an alternative a new "goto line" dialog (e.g. with a shortcut STRG+G) will do.

specci48

Heinz

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, this would be usefull. i have compiled a programm and it runs
well on the PC. but on the device i have got an error. shurly i can
run it in interpreted modus on the device, but i always must copy
my sourcefile to the device.

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
If it's usefull for us i wrote a programm running on windows XP that put the number of the at the beginnig of each line no empty and no comment.
Try it.

Bye

JJ M

Attachments

• ListeB4PPC.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't work for me because the french VB4 runtime (vb6fr.dll) is used to run it.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This maybe a stupid suggestion but have you guys tryed to copy the dll and rename it??

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
What should I copy or rename if I havent got anything due to visual basic installed on my pc :confused:

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
here is the dll.

I hope you can use it.

Bye

JJ M

Attachments

• VB6FR.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 243

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ei JJM any chance you do a re-anotation proggy?
Somthing like searchil for a controls name and replace it like label1,label2,label3,.....,lableln and replace by ValueLB...
If you don't understand me I can exemplify more acuratelly...

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I post a new version with new features.

Bye

JJM

Attachments

• ListeB4PPC_EN.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 244

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Nice of you to include the dll, but i can register it and although the dll is in the same folder as the exec, it still can't "find" it!!!
BTW: what are the new features?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks specci48, but still no luck, i coppied it and tryed to run thye app, it errored, then i tryed to register the dll, ad it errors too...

I'm not so much interested in the numbering but what are the new features?

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Debugging in text files

When the program is using text files as additional source and there is a bug in compilation, you do not know where the problematic line is because it is in the text file and there are no line numbers (I could not run this listing program even when the dll was present).
Also, the names of the subroutines that are in the text file are not shown on the right like those which are in the b4ppc editor.

David

dzt

Licensed User
It is not relevant to the thread, but David I suggest you not to use e-mail as signature, you will help to increase spam, as bots are always searching...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, the names of the subroutines that are in the text file are not shown on the right like those which are in the b4ppc editor.

David

This only happens if you write directly into the text file....
If you do like I do, I write the code in the designer and if it works as I want, then I cut it to the text file, Both Subs names AND Error trapping Works!!

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
text file source

This only happens if you write directly into the text file....
If you do like I do, I write the code in the designer and if it works as I want, then I cut it to the text file, Both Subs names AND Error trapping Works!!

cableguy
I do like you, and when the bug is traced by the compiler I get a sub name which I have to find by manual search in the file, and a line number which I don't know how to locate ! The sub names disappear from the b4p editor after I cut them to the text file.
david:(