Linux version?

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by GeoTrail, May 23, 2007.

1. GeoTrail

GeoTrail Member Licensed User

hehehe Linux version would be great, but unfortunately the chances for that are VERY slim, right Erel? ;)

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Hi GeoTrail..

being B4PPC based on VB, wich is a microsoft program....Being linux based on Unix wich....has nothing to do with microsoft set of instructions...Yes I think a linux based B4ppc would be very ...utopiall.... even if we think that most linux SOs would run on almost any pda, if they were slimmed enought....

3. GeoTrail

Has nothing to do with "Microsoft set of instructions.", it's al about the framework. Anyway, it WAS meant as an ironic post, see? ;)

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

sorry, i usually get theirony bits, but its best when Live and in full color....

5. GeoTrail

No prob mate :)
    It's abit of a shame that it is based on the .Net framework. If it was written in C++ it should be easy to port to other platforms.

Maybe that will be the future....:sign0060:

6. specci48

specci48 Well-Known Member Licensed User

7. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Who knows... Maybe one day a Macintosh version will be available.

8. Louis

Louis Active Member Licensed User

Hi. Actually in Linux I heard there is a project on sourceforge that let's you use Microsoft's .net framework along with Wine and Win4Lin from what i have heard. Might want to check it out. HTH. And correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  9. GeoTrail

Hmm interesting.

Oh and a PDA version would be great. Oh wait, it's already here ;) hehehe