looking for industry products based on B4X

Hello All,
My name is Yaniv Hanya, and something like year ago I decided to move to B4A on a project I build. I’m a very experienced developer for win apps and web, but the new project include a IOT device that connected to smart home device. The device consist on a tablet, running app that I built with my team, and they control a minilab chip controller.

I choose B4A after trying Xamarin, and Unity, with unsatisfying results, and because the great connectivity of the "frame work".

Now the project owners, from some reasons, change the engineering company. And the company, who actually run the project, was very surprised that we use B4A for it. All my explanation for choosing the frame work is dismissed, mainly because it is "basic language", and "unprofessional". which is arguments that I, to my big sorrow, can't fight directly. It is almost religion…

But they also say- "nobody used this system for working products", "it is only for prototype project", "We never heard of running product that use it" and so on.

As the one who made the choice, it put me in a delicate situation against the company that run the start up.

I have a request-

Can you please give me names of products, selling products, that run on B4X systems? As more as they IOT or famous the better… it will help…

I did used this site "Showcase" part, but I really looking for more, and as I said running "products", IOT or others...
Do you have names/ links of products like that? (not only "application", but products). It will really help me in this unfair argument…

Thanks a lot…

Last edited:

magdoz

Licensed User
Thanks Johan. Interesting solution.
How about the battery managment if you keep your app running for long time? It's always one issue with them... I try to use 18650 batteries whenever I have space enough, but they take to much space...

Had some days off, sorry for late feedback to you Sir. Zoltan

Last edited:

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A
TripInspect is my transportation app (originally) designed for Commercial Motor Vehicle Hours Of Service requirements.
I expanded the base of the app to manage the unique requirements of the haul operation at the Teck Resources Red Dog Mine, Alaska.
The industrial tablets connect via Bluetooth to the ECM for engine data. GPS is used for precise position tracking.
The device connects via Wifi to the scale controller for Gross, Net Tare weight data - for each load hauled.
All data is transferred to the local (on-site) server via wifi at the end of each shift.
Device apps are automatically updated whenever I produce new features (often).

B4J / ABMaterial
The local server hosts the web app I built with B4J and ABM. All device data is processed and stored in MySQL database.
This app provides all management reports, graphs, maps and so much more...
This system has been operating 24 hours a day for the past seven years - without any issue.
It just keeps getting better with each feature request.

I can state quite frankly that I would NOT have been able to accomplish this without B4X.
Everything I do is with confidence and ease because of this most powerful framework.
I pity the poor bastards that are forced to use something else because "someone" doesn't understand what we have here - The Very Best Dev Environment On Earth"!!!!!!
And you can quote me on that....

Thanks
Harris

Last edited:

codie01

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am an international programmer of 40 years, I can use most developed languages. I can therefore say that the b4x series of programming tools are of a high professional level. I have been using the b4x suite for the last four years and would not even consider looking at anything else to develop in for my clients.

Using b4j with ABMaterial I have developed an application which is rate no1 in its market. It has a user base of thousands globally and rapidly expanding. Runs restful API's for thousands of connections per hour globally and performs at incredible speeds, flawlessly.

In my personal opinion any developer offering resistance to the b4x suite, really does not want to upskill to development tools that deliver! I also concur with Harris! Best development software EVER!

You can see one of my global apps "rose" on the following link: https://www.capterra.com/p/184475/Rose-for-Square/ or https://comparecamp.com/rose-for-square-review-pricing-pros-cons-features/

gabriels

Licensed User
yaniv hanya , I deeply understand your customers concerns about this product.
I like too much the language, tools, environment, visual designers and possibilities that B4X offer. I have many years developing and offering consulting about tools and languages in order to face projects and there are so many details behind each decision and the final selection.
Furthermore, I have to say, that compare with other tools - Xamarin & Xojo - B4X is not widely expose on the web comparing with its power. They are a first class tools, with a strong and professional community.
I appreciate too much the efforts from founder, much more when a full version is offered by free and it is up to date with last technology.
In fact, I built some dashboards to get people on noticed of changes in some cloud vertical products - ERP/CRM/BPM -
But - there is always a but - If I have to give my advice as a professional to some company to work with any product, I would see:
* Who / Whom / What is behind the product
* Professional certifications from that people.
* Last investments from other companies
* Partnerships
* List of best projects
* List of use cases

In this link I am not able to see the hole activities of a team - some few stars and few activities
https://github.com/AnywhereSoftware?tab=repositories
1609883209531.png

In the About page of website, I am able to see that just one person is in charge
https://www.b4x.com/contact_us.html

In fact my clients do not even know that the technical implementation was done using B4X, but if they asked, it was because they would be concerned about the maintenance of that tool. They would wonder who of their team or someone else other than me, could take charge in my absence,

So, this bundle of products, saved and will save more than one desperate situation and for sure that is managing complicated and risky tasks.
But if you face a professional IT team those questions will arrive sooner or later and showing uncertainties is not a good coin.

I feel that BANano is now offering a great opportunity to get rid of that uncomfortable questions behind some implementations.
Transpiling B4X to web code, is a magical/strong move towards offering compatibility with the web world and a large market of people available for maintenance.

So I have great expectations about BANano for spreading the word of B4X world , and I will continue to use B4X as is, in every place where no questions are set.
Have a nice 2021
Regards !

Attachments

• 1609883195679.png
    1609883195679.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 238

Mihai Rainer Jr.

Licensed User
Maybe a little late, but perhaps useful for other people in the same situation:
My small company main activity is to develop hardware devices for vending market (custom vending machines controllers, interfaces, payment systems protocol converters, etc.)
Last year we have migrate all our boards to ESP32 and added WiFi, Bluetooth and 2G capabilities. So it comes naturally that we need, for example, to develop applications for Android, to allow field configuration over Bluetooth (setting machines working paraments via mobile apps instead of activating some confusing menu on the machine and navigating using some hardware keys that is faster and easier for the operators, allows configuration saving and cloning for same configuration on multiple machines, etc). B4A was a real friend here, we have 3-4 applications for that, developed in a matter of days and used by our customers on a daily basis to modify prices, machine's parameters, etc. It was also a lifesaver, because it simplifies our embedded software, by removing the complicated menu display on the machine, menu navigation and save settings. Far more easier for customers not needing to navigate on a 2-4 lines alphanumeric display and pressing some buttons thousands of times.
Also, it becomes obvious that, having multiple connectivity solutions on our boards, we can expand our services by adding some remote control and monitoring functions. So, we have used B4J to develop an MQTT backend application, where all our services can connect and send statistical data (sales reporting, systems errors and malfunctions, etc) or where can even receive remote start command when some site issues may occur. For example, all our self service automation controllers (for car washing systems, for laundry and kiddie rides) are able to connect to this application over MQTT and use real time functions. Our customers are very happy to have real time informations and notifications from their field systems. On top of that backend database, there is another B4X application, using websockets, with a responsive HTML5 interface, that our customers can use for monitoring, cash collect and remote credit/start functions on a computer, phone or tablet.
And now, we are working to an upgrade solution for premium self service locations, where we will use an industrial Android tablet for operating the systems, that will offer a more friendly user interface, cashless payment solutions, cheaper operating modes, bonus schemes for customers, etc.
Even we are not a big reference company, all I can say is that we have hundreds of field devices communicating real time with the backend and we have faced absolutely no problem with the applications hosted on a cheap VPS, with MQTT and MySQL database background. So, yes, B4X is a great tools suite, very productive and with no limit of applicability.
Not mentioning that is easy to use for introducing kids to programming world. My son (18yo) is starting to learn now and I'm introducing him to some app development and I needed a catchy tool for him to begin, which B4X is, no doubt.