B4J Question Lost while setting SSL to b4j srvr

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by lemonisdead, May 8, 2015.

1. lemonisdead

lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello,

I am sorry if the question seems to be too simple but I am totally lost while setting a provided SSL certificate.

I have got :
    • a Private key file
    • a Certificate file
    Please which one should I put in the SetKeyStorePath ? Should I put them both in the same .pem file, please ?

Many thanks

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

lemonisdead likes this.
  3. lemonisdead

Hello Erel,
    I do thank your for your reply and after, two days of trial, I am about to give up. Yes, I can generate my own certificate but I am unable to make it work with the one provided.
    When I try to put the certificate and the key in PKCS12, I am asked for the 'Export password' but after that, I get a " unable to write random state " error. All is well written but there is something I can't get, reason why I have asked for some help.
    Thanks again

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

It was important to start with the self signed certificate to see that it is working.

If you like you can send me the keys and the instructions you received by mail and I'll try to convert it to a keystore.

5. lemonisdead

Hello Erel,
    I have to apologize, I simply missed your reply. What I do understand is the fact I could create the keystore locally and then upload it to the server. I will try that before to disturb you with any request.
    Many thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice