Love B4A! Anything like it for iPad ?

myriaddev

Licensed User
Longtime User
I love B4A and am spoiled! I need to bring over my projects
from B4A (Android) to iPad2 (Apple) and need to find as nice
a product as B4A (Basic) to any language. Any ideas ?
Thanks, Jerry

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is another one that I am using:

NS BASIC/App Studio for Mobile Devices

It is not as comfortable as B4A, but if you need to make an app for different platforms from one sourcecode it is well worth looking at it. Supports Android, iOs, Blackberry, WebOS, Symbian, etc. Compile as WebApp or native App (with PhoneGap).

If Android is your only target forget about anything else and stick to B4A - that's by far the best choice.

Rolf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

colboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another option to look at is Monkey, which is fairly similar to B4A, but in addition to supporting Android Development, supports IOS, HTML5, XNA, Windows and Mac. It has a good pedigree, coming from the same guy that created BlitzBasic. Just looking at it at present. Not as rich for creating business apps/ulilities, more designed for creating games, but could be another cool tool to have in your toolkit.

Monkey

Colin

Upvote 0

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
People! I remind you that this is Erel's forum you are posting on, a forum specifically for B4A. We all know there are other devel platforms out there, and if you want to go use them fine, but don't blatantly provide links and encouragement about them on here!! Have a little common sense and some respect!

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've posted about b4a and its link on other platforms forums...

Sent from my DROIDX

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
People! I remind you that this is Erel's forum you are posting on, a forum specifically for B4A. We all know there are other devel platforms out there, and if you want to go use them fine, but don't blatantly provide links and encouragement about them on here!! Have a little common sense and some respect!

The OP asked:

I love B4A and am spoiled! I need to bring over my projects
from B4A (Android) to iPad2 (Apple) and need to find as nice
a product as B4A (Basic) to any language.

All the responses have been on target (tools for doing apps for iOS). Nobody has recommended any other products for Android over B4A.

Upvote 0

LifeCarts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Other Platforms

Perhaps Basic4Android can include future convertion tools.
While the basic might be Android focused, the higher level compiled programs might need slight wrappers to make them work on other platforms.
This way we get the Basic we love, yet more target endpoints. (With limitations)

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
@walterf25: I read on the Corona web site: "Due to Apple's restrictions, you cannot build for iOS on Windows."

Regards,

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
"LiveCode" is another cross-platform (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOs) development option. I was using their former product "Runtime Revolution", and coding for Windows and Mac. But it is expensive (for me): at least $40 per month if you want to support at least two different OS.

Regards,

Upvote 0