iOS Question M1 processor any good?

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm considering a mac with M1 also to do local builds.

I found some issues when building regarding passwords/keychain but I don't seem to find and answer on whether this issue was/could be solved ?

Is the M1 really that fast (thus also for building an iOS project) ?

thanks!

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without B4i-Bridge (and thus with Apple Configurator 2) you can debug and design the pages on an iPhone/Ipad device ?

PS: installation of JDK as per your instructions worked !
Thanks !

Upvote 0

mike2ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without B4i-Bridge (and thus with Apple Configurator 2) you can debug and design the pages on an iPhone/Ipad device ?

PS: installation of JDK as per your instructions worked !
Thanks !
Apple Configurator 2 => debug works well together with connected device

Reactions: wl
Upvote 0

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got macbook air M1 15gb 256ssd , it is really fast on all aspects comparing to any powerfull desktop

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @mike2ppc,

Just to be sure I'm not looking for a ghost:
You are running on an M1, b4i in parallels, and debug on your PHYSICAL iPhone/ipad (connected by cable and running Apple Configurator) ?

I only seem to be able to run and debug on a simulator...

Also: when I could just the simulator: how would I be able to get the app on my device ? I tried to put the IPA on my device through Apple Configurator 2: the app shows up on my phone but then, when starting: "the integrity of the application could not be verified"

Update: When running on my x86 Mac mini everything works fine (can debug and run on my device using Apple Configurator...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that the issue you mention is related to the processor type.

Hi Erel, perhaps not directly, but I did succeed in installing and running the environment on an x86 Mac mini first time, and on the M1 machine I have been struggling for many hours now and still have no working environment ... (only be able to run on a simulator)

On my x86 Mac mini I can debug on my physical device through Apple Configurator 2, I can use the B4i-bridge ...
Not so on a Mac mini M1 only the simulator currently works), so I really do think there are some serious issues running an M1 for local build/debug ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mike2ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @mike2ppc,

Just to be sure I'm not looking for a ghost:
You are running on an M1, b4i in parallels, and debug on your PHYSICAL iPhone/ipad (connected by cable and running Apple Configurator) ?

I only seem to be able to run and debug on a simulator...

Also: when I could just the simulator: how would I be able to get the app on my device ? I tried to put the IPA on my device through Apple Configurator 2: the app shows up on my phone but then, when starting: "the integrity of the application could not be verified"

Update: When running on my x86 Mac mini everything works fine (can debug and run on my device using Apple Configurator...)
I've connected my iPad over Apple Configurator 2 and followed this description of Erel to install B4i-Bridge on my iPad over Apple Configuration 2.
Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app
Additionally in my case it only worked with
#CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
#ProvisionFile: b4iprovision.mobileprovision
This worked well, end now also the Designer Viewer over b4i-Bridge on physical device work.

YES: Debug working over Apple Configuration 2 on physical device iPhone and iPad.
YES: B4i-Bridge is installable over Apple Configuration 2
YES: Designer View works after installing B4i-Bridge

to get work Apple Configuration 2 maybe this link helps.
Installing apps with Apple Configurator 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0