B4J Question MacSigner

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I've successfully passed through all the steps (Link > Package > Notarize > Staple) without errors, but when I try to run the resulting app, is just closing automatically after a few seconds without any error message.
The app runs ok if I'm using the result of Link (run.command from the build folder), but after is packaged it behaves the same: is automatically closing without any message).
How can I troubleshoot this?

Thank you.

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
run.command work as expected now with the libjssc.dylib in the correct place (build/lib/), but packaged is just closing after a few seconds without any error.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried with a very simple project not using jSerial and another simple one using jSerial library. I can successfully Link and package them both, but when I try to run the package, only the one without jSerial works, the other closes after a few seconds without any message. On the other side, both works from run.command, so is something related only to the packager.
What is the recommended version of jssc library to use with Mac build? Currently I'm using the latest available one (2.9.4). May be related to this?. I need to put something special in the packager.json file related to jssc? Currently I have only:
"IncludedModules": "jdk.crypto.ec",
"IconFile": "myapp.icns",
"ExeName": "myapp",
"InputJar": "myapp.jar"

Thank you.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not allowed to run it.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 07.51.16.png

I'm using Maco OS Monterey.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm still getting the same message, that the app "can't be opened because Apple cannot check it...". It may be that the web server provides the same old file because of some caching? Tried on another Mac Mini withg Big Sure with the same result. Can you post it again with another name?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
This one works.
I've seen that when you started, the list of available serial ports is displayed, but still only the USB serial ports starting with "tty.usb...." are listed, the issue with jSerial library on Mac..

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried a simple app using the same jssc.jar and libjssc for mac versions as mai main app and can be run successfully after packaging.
There is any possibility to get some logs when the packaged app is closing? I cannot explain why from run.command works as expected, but when successfully packaged is closing after a few seconds.

I'm using the following attributes in my project:

B4X:
    #PackagerProperty: IncludedModules = jdk.crypto.ec
    #AdditionalJar: purejavahidapi
    #AdditionalJar: jna
    #AdditionalJar: jna-platform

I have to do something special when running the packager from MacSigner?

Last edited:
Upvote 0