Android Question MaskedEditText - Unexpected event (missing RaiseSynchronousEvents)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Arf, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Arf

Arf Active Member Licensed User

I'm getting an error when I'm changing the text of a MaskedEditText from within the _TextChanged function, or from within the _EnterPressed function.

Unexpected event (missing RaiseSynchronousEvents): linesentry_textchanged

Is there any way I can prevent this, or can I ignore it? I can't really clear the text anywhere else in the current format of my application.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The library author should add the relevant annotation to the Text property: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/raisessynchronousevents.3317

You can ignore it. However there will be a small difference between the behavior in Release mode. In release mode the TextChanged event will fire immediately and in debug mode it will only fire after the current code is executed.

3. Dave O

Dave O Active Member Licensed User

Informatix likes this.
  4. Dave O

Dave O Active Member Licensed User

Yep, I'm getting it too. I'll ignore it, but I hope the MET library gets updated to remove the error. (I spent some time trying to fix it before thinking to search the forum.)

5. Informatix

Informatix Expert Licensed User

As I never use the debugger, I'm not personaly concerned. So this thing should be brought to my attention when I'm going to deliver a new version to fix a bug or add a suggested feature. I won't create a new version just to remove this warning.

Dave O likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice