Android Question MaterialPreferenceLibrary

lomosami

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ye I know the library.. I think that this one is created with the new material design.. it is only for design.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am aware that the PreferenceActivity libraries do not use Material Design.

I'm thinking about a possibility how to replace it but I'm currently not sure which is the best way. Please be patient.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am aware that the PreferenceActivity libraries do not use Material Design.

I'm thinking about a possibility how to replace it but I'm currently not sure which is the best way. Please be patient.

I definitely would make another donation if you could do this :)

Upvote 0

Stax

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on an app that is using AppCompat library. I want entire app to use Material Design including preference activity.
So far, in order to utilize Material Design, I started to craft preference activity manually but it's tedious to make it look and behave right.
MaterialPreferenceLibrary could come extremely handy for my current and future projects - I wish I had enough knowledge to make one and share with B4A community.
For now I have to rely on great contributors like @corwin42 who hopefully made some progress on replacement for PreferenceActivity?

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on an app that is using AppCompat library. I want entire app to use Material Design including preference activity.
So far, in order to utilize Material Design, I started to craft preference activity manually but it's tedious to make it look and behave right.
MaterialPreferenceLibrary could come extremely handy for my current and future projects - I wish I had enough knowledge to make one and share with B4A community.
For now I have to rely on great contributors like @corwin42 who hopefully made some progress on replacement for PreferenceActivity?
Has there been any progress made to provide a new Material Design based Preference Library?

John

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't really need any new library.

The PreferenceActivity will use the default theme. It will be the material theme on Android 5+.

upload_2016-10-6_17-36-55.png

Attachments

• PreferenceActivity.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I'm now on some tests on a new Preference library.

Current Features:
  • CheckBoxPreference
  • ColorPreference (picker for predefined colors)
  • EditTextPreference (with full access to the EditText so setting InputType etc is no problem)
  • ListPreference (with 3 styles: simple menu, dialog and simple dialog)
  • PreferenceCategory headers
  • RingTonePreference
  • SeekBarDialogPreference
  • SeekBarPreference
  • SwitchPreference
  • Can be added to a normal AppCompatActivity
  • Support for custom pickers like MaterialDateTimePicker
  • Support for Intents (calling system settings dialogs or whatever)
  • Supports events (Click, Value changed)
It is extremely flexible and I'm quite satisfied with it.
All features of PreferenceActivity library and AHPreferenceActivity library are possible and a lot more.

Still to do:
  • tinting Icons
  • some possiblilities to colorize texts
  • some tests
  • A nice example app

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sweet!

Upvote 0