Android Question Maven artifact not found even if it's installed through the sdk manager

shadowdevfr

Hi! I've been using b4a for a while, but this is my first forum post. This time i'll assume I'm pretty much stuck.

I'm integrating admob to my app. I added everything into the manifest, but still, an error is appearing on compiling and refreshing libraries.
"Maven artifact not found. com.google.android.ump/user-messaging-platform"

But, it's installed in the sdk manager! Can anyone help me?
1622568302547.png

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The #AdditionalJar should be: com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform though it is not required in this case, as the compiler is already looking for this resource.

You don't need to download anything special to use AdMob (unless you are trying to use FirebaseAdMob2). My guess is that you are using an old SDK. Better to download a new SDK: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Upvote 0

shadowdevfr

I don't know what you mean with update. Delete your current SDK and download the two components. You don't need to do anything else.
By updating I mean downloading SDK tools from b4a page and overwriting files from the current one. The strange thing is that I installed it through SDK tools, like I did every single time I had that error.

I'll try to delete the whole folder and follow the steps on the b4a download page again today.

Upvote 0

shadowdevfr

Thanks, it works!

It's not throwing an error anymore at the step it was throwing one, but now I get an error on compiling. It says "out of memory error" when before I reinstalled everything I was not getting this error at all, and it was compiling fast.

Error:
B4A Version: 10.70
Parsing code.    (0.09s)
    Java Version: 8
Building folders structure.    (0.51s)
Compiling code.    (0.25s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.01s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (0.21s)
Linking resources    (0.50s)
Compiling debugger engine code.    (0.02s)
Compiling generated Java code.    (0.05s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    Error
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    at com.android.dx.rop.type.Prototype.makeParameterArray(Prototype.java:181)
    at com.android.dx.rop.type.Prototype.fromDescriptor(Prototype.java:91)
    at com.android.dx.rop.type.Prototype.intern(Prototype.java:69)
    at com.android.dx.rop.type.Prototype.intern(Prototype.java:198)
    at com.android.dx.cf.iface.StdMethod.<init>(StdMethod.java:46)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.MethodListParser.set(MethodListParser.java:81)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.MemberListParser.parse(MemberListParser.java:217)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.MemberListParser.parseIfNecessary(MemberListParser.java:108)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.MethodListParser.getList(MethodListParser.java:54)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parse0(DirectClassFile.java:565)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parse(DirectClassFile.java:420)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parseToInterfacesIfNecessary(DirectClassFile.java:402)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.getMagic(DirectClassFile.java:253)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.parseClass(Main.java:851)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$7(Main.java:846)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$ClassParserTask.call(Main.java:1822)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:834)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:802)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$3(Main.java:773)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$FileBytesConsumer.processFileBytes(Main.java:1775)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processArchive(ClassPathOpener.java:284)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOne(ClassPathOpener.java:166)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(ClassPathOpener.java:144)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main.java:756)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:642)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
    at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)

EDIT:
After increasing the RAM amount for compiling from 1024 to 4096, I get this error now:

Error:
Compiling generated Java code.    (9.07s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    Error
Uncaught translation error: com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)
1 error; aborting

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shadowdevfr

I've found the library causing the issue: It's firebasenotifications.
I already tried solutions of solved topics about this same issue. Someone said to reinstall the whole SDK but I don't think that this is the issue, as it's a fresh installed one.

Upvote 0

shadowdevfr

Still the same issue, I tried everything and I've been trying solutions for the past 2 hours. I'll leave this thread if anyone got an idea.

Upvote 0