Memory shortage on WAV recording.

burd27

Licensed User
Some time ago I made wrote a B4P prog utilising the RECORDER.DLL library. Simply to be a quick voice recorder for on the go. But I now want to extend it to be able to record for much longer periods - eg. 30mins or an hour. I have a Dell AXIM x51V, which has 50MB Prog mem, 200 Storage Mem, plus card storage (4G). With no other programs loaded, I have about 30MB free in Prog mem to run the recorder, but that mem runs out after about 20 mins.

For the moment to get around the problem, I stop the recording at 15min, save the WAV file and then automatically start the next recording. Once each file is saved, I then have the 30MB Prog mem free again. Of course, the end result of this temp fix is that I end up with multiple files. Can anyone suggest a way that I can utilise storage mem (either RAM or Card) to store the live recording in real time so that the Prog mem remains at 30MB? I would imagine that whatever the solution might be, it would have to allow playing the WAV file also without loading it in to Prog Mem.

Thanks in advance.
Burd.