Merging Outlook library and Phone library

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can now merge the two libraries in the executable.
However as these libraries reference "non-standard" libraries you should first download Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.0 SDK.
Setup instructions:
- Download Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK
- Copy all dll files under: C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Managed Libraries
to Basic4ppc libraries folder:
C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries
- Download the attached file, unzip it and copy the two files to Basic4ppc libraries folder.

During compilation a message will say that Microsoft.WindowsMobile.*** should be distributed with the executable. However there is no need to distribute these files.

Attachments

• Phone.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 161

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just spent 1 and a 1/2 hour downloading a WM6 454MB SDK, and attempted to install it, I can't, I don't have Visual Studio 2005 or similiar on my system.

If the dll's you refer to are

Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.dll
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Forms.dll
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.dll
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.dll
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Telephony.dll

WM5 versions are available for download on my website.
Follow the XDA link.

Just optimized compiled my Caller app.
Copied it to my device.
Only library it needs to run is NotifyIcon.dll

Last edited:

Byak@

Licensed User
And these libs will be accessible and for wm2003 sometime? Would be super:sign0060:

kruze

Licensed User
I also do not have visual studio 2005 and would like to know if anyone has a download link for the needed DLL files to add to the libraries of B4PPC?

cactus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Event On Incoming Call

Hi,

Is this library capable fireing events? I need to know if the phone is talking so I can reroute audio incase of a VoIP call. Current solutions floating around (not b4PPC) all have their faults.

And while we're on that subject, how come there is no library that passes the events of the Windows Mobile State and Notification Broker to b4PPC? I'm using the pwr_Battery of the PowerNotify.dll and wonder why there isn't a lib that does the same thing for all events that can be triggered by the Notification Broker.
I regret that the PowerNotify.cs isn't available, hoping I could rework it so other events are as easily implemented.

Maybe I'm just missing something, and all is doable already, and if so please poit me in the right direction. :sign0104:

Thanks,

Cheers,

/Cacti

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

cactus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Doh!

I've been using it in the past, apperantly I forgot about it. Thanks for the tip, I saw it has a PhoneCallTalking property. Great!

Thanks again,

Cheers,
Cacti

cactus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Absolutly Marvelous! This is what I needed.

Pitty the library can't be merged, I hope there will be a version 2.0 that is mergable.

Cheers,
Cacti

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope there will be a version 2.0 that is mergable.
It's not that the library itself can't be merged, it's that your system probably can't compile it merged unless you have the Windows Mobile 5.0 or later SDK installed as it references assemblies that are not available on "normal" non-development desktop .NET installations but are present on the device itself.

cactus

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok,

But I do have SDK 5.0 and 6.0 and the DTK installed. So, how do I merge the SystemState libabries so I have a single file to be installedcopied to a device? The Phone.cs is mergable, after adding the SDK libraries, but SysemState gives me the events I need.

TIA,

Cheers,
/Cacti