Share My Creation Mind Games

I wanted to present to you my latest creation with B4A. As of 12/6/12 the app is ranked #1 on Amazon App Store!

Description: A great collection of 13 games based on cognitive psychology principles.

This is a great collection of games based on principles of cognitive psychology to help you practice different mental skills. This app includes all 13 of Mindware’s brain exercising games. All games include your score history, a global top scores list, and graph of your progress. The main app shows a summary of your best games and today’s scores on all games. Using some principles of standardized testing, your scores are also converted to a standardized scale so that you can see where you need work and excel.

Attention Training Game - Exercise your brain's attention. Based on the flanker attention task. Practice your ability to ignore competing information and processing speed.

Face Memory - Memorize a group of faces and then see if you can recall them.

Math Star - Practice your basic arithmetic skills, speed, and attention to detail.

Memory Racer - Practice for your brain's working memory and processing speed.

Memory Span - Practice your verbal and nonverbal working memory to increase the span of your immediate memory.

Mental Categories - Practice your processing speed and quick categorization skills.

Mental Flex - Practice your cognitive flexibility and ability to ignore competing information.

Serial Memory - Learn a series of 10 numbers and faces in as few trials as you can.

Spatial Memory - Memorize the locations of the tiles that flip over with increasing numbers of tiles.

Speed Trivia - Test and improve your knowledge of general trivia and information.

Visual Memory - Test and improve your skills with visual memory.

Vocabulary Star - Improve your vocabulary and spelling skills.

Word Memory - Memorize 30 words and see if you can remember them.

Links:
Mind Games on Google Play
Mind Games on Amazon Appstore

Attachments

• shotnew.jpg
    shotnew.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 10,391
  • people.jpg
    people.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 443
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I love this game.

Very challenging and fun.
Beautiful graphics. Are these your own designs or did you find them on a site?

By the way your 'memory Span' game gave me idea for an additional game on my Cars Memory game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=memory.cars

I've been trying to think of other memory games to include in this app but was stuck. :sign0060:

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I made some of the graphics in Gimp or Powerpoint; some I found on the net; some I purchased from iStockphoto.com.

I've written 5 more games, and I will either include them in an updated version of Mind Games or release a paid version with the extra games. I've kind of developed a system for being able to crank out new games pretty quick.

I'll give your game a try as well.

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very cool games. I like what you did with the animation. You might also try setting up an account on SlideMe, as it tends to generate more downloads in my experience. Google Play can eventually do some good, but it's hard to get the visibility.

You can do an update once a week or so on SlideMe, and you'll generate more downloads. It's more like what was possible in the past with Google's "Just In" category that they removed.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suppose this is off topic but:
Thanks for the suggesting SlideMe. I had not heard of them.

I signed up for SlideMe and uploaded my Hanjie Nonogram game to test it out. How long does it take to get approved. Google Play is pretty much within minutes.

grant1842

Licensed User
Longtime User
What game engine ?

Nice job. What Game Engine or game tools did you use for this.
Thanks

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I built it all myself. I developed somewhat of a general game framework that I can adapt fairly easily to write a new game.

I developed a scoreboard system using a Mysql server and php that I use with all my games.

It's been doing fairly well on Amazon. I saw it hit 394 in the appstore rank this morning. Hopefully it'll get into the top 100. ;)

grant1842

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like it i am looking to make a shooting game with different board levels.
I am looking for a place to start.

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
#1 on Amazon App Store

This app has slowly climbed in ranking until the last weekend. As of this morning, it was ranked #1 on Amazon's App Store. Cheers to Erel for a great programming language that made this possible for me.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I played many times with Mind Games Pro and I'm surprised by my very high scores in almost all categories (I have a crappy memory so it looks like a very surprising result; I cannot remember most faces and names). It seems that the data to compare results are very low for my age range (41-50). My percentiles go from 70 to 99. If this is based only on the first 3 times, then people have maybe difficulties to understand what to do exactly during the test hence the bad results. Maybe you should add a try-before-test mode.
Anyway, good job !

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Informatix, I suspect your abilities are far better than you think they are. Usually, being unable to remember names or faces does not relate to the underlying ability, but just being a little shy (so you don't pay attention to people's faces or names when you meet them). I based the scoring on the first 3 games so that it balances out problems that can occur with lack of comprehension on the first time played. I do like your idea about having a "Try" mode vs. "Play" mode. Thank you.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Jack Cole : bug report
Install a fresh copy. Start the app
Press the yellow icon : exception (List not initialized)