Android Question Mirror view of screen application

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I developed an application with a geolocation function. It is planned to be used in a car. I think it will be convenient to look at the tablet screen, in reflection on the windshield of the car. Therefore, I'm looking for a way to turn on the mirror image on the device's monitor. I will be glad to hear your advice.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to turn on the mirror image on the device's monitor
What "mirror image" you are talking about? It it a Hardware, another Device?

I maybe do not understand the question.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for my bad English.
I want everything that is displayed (all interfeis of application) on the screen of the tablet to be mirrored. Then when the driver looks at the reflection in the windshield, the picture becomes again normal. Of course, mirror mirroring should be temporary. After the application is finished, the tablet should go into normal operation mode

Upvote 0

monic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you suggesting a feature like mirrorlink+ or how android auto temporary display a second screen. From your answer above it would seem the windscreen would be projected onto or it can actually display images either way it would require some form of hardware.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Add this at the beginning of your activity (requires JavaObject library) :)
B4X:
  Dim J As JavaObject = Activity
   J.RunMethod("setPivotX",Array(0.5f*Activity.Width))
   J.RunMethod("setRotationY",Array(180.0f))

It won't mirror the activity title (in case you have it)
Will work with most normal views, but not tested 'deeply'

--EDIT--

It will work correctly with buttons, labels, panels, imageviews,.... but not with messageBoxes, toastmessages and inputLists... I guess that other dialogs will also fail to mirror

In general, it won't work with views that are not added directly to the Activity but to the Window Manager. Still, it can be useful if you need no interaction and can control the type of views that will be shown to the driver.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much JordiCP !.
Tomorrow I'll be there. If all wiil be OK, I get to expose the photo as it looks day and night in the cab of the car. I hope that I can solve my problems without using additional hard devices (second screen).

Upvote 0